LONDONDERRY, N.H. -- Danish company ECCO - a leading manufacturer of innovative footwear - confirms that its distinctive BIOM Hybrid golf shoes were worn by the winner of the 2014 Women's British Open, held this past weekend at Royal Birkdale Golf Club in Southport, England.
Relying on patented E-DTS outsole technology for ideal traction, the 31-year-old American struck a remarkable 3-wood that hit the flagstick on the championship's 72nd hole. She then converted a six-foot eagle putt that moved her to 1-under par, a score ultimately good enough for a one-shot win.
"Whether it's our roster of Staff Players or other elite talents who simply choose to compete in ECCO, men and women worldwide are challenging for and winning titles in our shoes week after week," says Jesper Thuen, Global Sponsorship, PR & Event Manager - ECCO Golf. "Notably, this marks the second time a major championship has been won by a player wearing BIOM Hybrid."
The women's BIOM Hybrid showcases approximately 100 molded traction bars that are constructed from TPU - a highly durable, wear-resistant material. These elements provide nearly 800 traction angles for superb, Tour-quality grip.
Offered in seven colorways for Spring/Summer 2014 - including fire orange, neon lemon, fandango pink, iris purple, sulphur yellow and two turquoise versions - additional features of the women's BIOM Hybrid include:
• ECCO NATURAL MOTION - An anatomical last shape that uses the body's evolutionary system for absorbing impact to enhance cushioning and comfort with each step
• Extremely Low Profile - Brings a golfer's weight closer to the playing surface for remarkable stability, ground feel and traction
• Direct Injection - A process that yields superior cushioning, stability and comfort via a one-piece shoe that's built without glue or stitching
• Weather Resistance - Naturally soft, smooth, breathable and strong Tibetan Yak leather uppers are treated with HYDROMAX™ for superb weather protection
• Climate Control - Triple-component ECCO Comfort Fibre System insole for a cool, dry shoe interior
The ECCO Golf collection is endorsed by scores of Tour stars worldwide, including Fred Couples, Ernie Els, Graeme McDowell, Thomas Bjørn, Thongchai Jaidee, Marcel Siem, Andreas Hartø, Wu Ashun, Will Wilcox, JB Hansen, Belén Mozo, Caroline Masson and Gerina Piller.
More than 350 million pairs of ECCO shoes have walked the earth since 1963, when Karl Toosbuy founded the company in Denmark. ECCO is one of the few major shoe manufacturers in the world to own and manage every step of the shoemaking process - from leather production through manufacturing in its own factories and all the way to its stores. ECCO's Scandinavian design philosophy, "The shoe must follow the foot", is guiding the company. ECCO creates high-comfort, functional, stylish shoes and timeless bags, accessories, small leather goods and shoe care products. Still family owned, ECCO is headquartered in Denmark and employs more than 19,500 people of 57 nationalities worldwide. ECCO products can be found in the 1,100 ECCO stores and 14,000 other sales locations in 85 countries.
ECCO USA is based in Londonderry, New Hampshire. For more information: www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226