VIENNA, Va. -- Billy Casper Golf (BCG) - the largest owner-operator of golf courses, country clubs and resorts in the U.S. - will host the fourth annual "World's Largest Golf Outing," Monday, August 11 to benefit Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP).
The simultaneous golf outing will be played at more than 120 BCG-managed courses in 28 states and is open to all golfers regardless of ability. A USGA handicap is not required.
Part of event proceeds and all donations from non-players benefit WWP, the national organization whose mission is to honor and empower Wounded Warriors - some of whom will be playing in the World's Largest Golf Outing. Teams are encouraged to raise additional funds to support the worthy cause; donations to WWP unrelated to event participation are made at www.worldslargestgolfouting.com.
Last year, BCG hosted more than 10,000 golfers, including 70 injured service members at 110 of its courses in 24 states and raised $725,000 for WWP, topping the 2012 event that totaled 7,800 golfers and $400,000 to WWP.
Since its inception four years ago, the World's Largest Golf Outing has donated more than $1.1 million to WWP, the largest amount ever via a single-day golf event. BCG forecasts another record-breaking charity donation this year.
"The World's Largest Golf Outing continues to raise the bar in giving back to our injured veterans," says Peter Hill, Chairman and CEO of BCG. "The astounding growth in participation and donations by Billy Casper Golf's loyal golfers is humbling and shows unwavering support for our country's heroes."
"Our warriors were awed by the generosity of golfers," says Adam Silva, Chief Development Officer of WWP. "We salute the innovative ways of Billy Casper Golf and look forward to this year's edition of the World's Largest Golf Outing."
Highlights from the 2013 World's Largest Golf Outing:
• Lyman Orchards Golf Club (Middlefield, CT) raised $51,449 in total donations
• Team Calkin at Alta Vista Country Club (Placentia, CA) raised $14,960
• Four teams raised more than $8,000 each
• 10 courses hosted more than 200 golfers (Lincoln Hills Golf Club in Lincoln, CA, hosted 307)
• Teams of father-son wounded warriors, celebrities and politicians played in the event
• Three holes-in-one were recorded at Lyman Orchards, Bear Creek Golf Club (Dallas, TX) and Eastpointe Country Club (Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
"The outpouring from across the country is incredible," says Sergeant Robert Maier, an injured service member who survived two IED attacks and played in the 2013 World's Largest Golf Outing. "The money raised does amazing things for us and our families."
All golfers will be entered into a drawing to win a grand-prize, and prizes can be earned by teams with the highest contribution levels and best scores of the day.
For more information about participating courses and to register: www.worldslargestgolfouting.com
About Wounded Warrior Project
Wounded Warrior Project is recognizing its ten-year anniversary, reflecting on a decade of service and reaffirming its commitment to serving injured veterans for their lifetime. The mission of Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) is to honor and empower Wounded Warriors. WWP currently serves more than 50,000 warriors and nearly 7,000 family members through its unique 20 programs and services. WWP's purpose is to raise awareness and to enlist the public's aid for the needs of injured service members, to help injured servicemen and women aid and assist each other, and to provide unique, direct programs and services to meet their needs. WWP is a national organization headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. To get involved and learn more, visit woundedwarriorproject.org.
About Billy Casper Golf
Founded more than 20 years ago in cooperation with golf legend Billy Casper, the company is the largest owner-operator of golf courses, country clubs and resorts in the U.S. with more than 150 properties in 28 states. Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia with regional offices across America, BCG directs course and property maintenance, staffing and training, clubhouse operations, food-and-beverage, merchandising, golf instruction, marketing and public relations, special events and financial management.
Billy Casper Golf divisions:
• Buffalo Communications is the leading global golf-lifestyle public relations, branding, marketing-communications and creative services firm representing top brands in and related to golf.
• Buffalo Turf & Landscape Company provides golf course agronomic programs with a new fee-for-service structure that allows owners unfettered visibility into actual activities and costs.
• Women on Course is the nation's premier golf-networking organization, further solidifying Billy Casper Golf's commitment to grow participation in the golf lifestyle.
More information: www.billycaspergolf.com, 703.761.1444.
Billy Casper Golf / Buffalo Communications