VIENNA, Va. -- Women on Course - the nation's premier golf-lifestyle networking organization - has tripled membership since being acquired Billy Casper Golf(BCG) in September 2013.
BCG expects membership to grow by 400 percent in 2014 over 2013. Year to date, about half the new members are either "returning" or first-time golfers.
Company management cites several contributors to the dramatic growth:
• A new, compelling value proposition for new members in partnership with brand-name golf and lifestyle product manufacturers and service providers
• Addition of exciting signature, weekend resort destination and custom events (more than 2,000 at 200 "official sites" in 25 markets) for members
• Participation in Women on Course golf and non-golf (social) events is up by more than 150 percent as women, no matter their skill levels, are increasing looking to play golf with other women
• The addition of 150-plus private and public BCG-managed properties attracting female golfers and non-golfers in their respective communities
• BCG's marketing bandwidth and customer-relationship management programs reaches millions of golfers nationwide
• Widespread industry promotion, through GOLF 20/20's "Image of the Game" program, about golf's fitness benefits, including burning 2,000 calories walking 18 holes
• Women comprising nearly 20 percent of the active golf population is holding steady, and 33 percent of new golfers are women (source: National Golf Foundation)
"The scale and connections of Billy Casper Golf are powerful," says Donna Hoffman, President of Women on Course which she founded in 2005. "Our membership growth affirms that females are responding exceptionally well to our welcoming social and business networking environment."
"Women on Course typifies the short- and long-term vitality of the game," says Peter Hill, Chairman and CEO of BCG, the largest owner-operator of golf courses, country clubs and resorts in America. "By introducing and keeping women connected to golf, we aim to meaningfully lift the U.S. female participation rate in the next three years."
Women on Course removes intimidating barriers causing females to overlook the game. It provides fun, supportive and interactive settings for business and stay-at-home women to experience the golf lifestyle without primary focus on competition and score:
• A "Play Your Own Way" mantra means beginners and course-ready golfers learn fundamentals and etiquette
• A "Score 5 to Survive" rule - tee shot, fairway approach, chip, two putts - promotes practice without slow play
Fashion, fitness, travel and luxury components surrounding the world of golf are incorporated into Women on Course programming. Members enjoy free gifts; special access to private clubs; discounts on greens fees, apparel, equipment, wine and other products; golf and educational resources; contests; and forums.
Women on Course hosts golf, lunch, happy hour and wine-spa activities in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Scottsdale, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington, DC and smaller markets. Upcoming three-day resort destination weekends are at Kingsmill (Williamsburg, VA), La Quinta (Palm Springs, CA) and Gran Melia / Trump International (Puerto Rico).
Countless success stories about Women on Course members include:
• Enhancing golf skills and protocol for new business connections and career advancement
• Establishing lifelong friendships with like-minded women
• Helping beginning golfers with fundamentals and advanced players refine their games
• Prompting families to spend time together on and off the course
• Learning from dynamic guest speakers at events
• Mixing and mingling with women from all age groups with diverse and interesting backgrounds
For more information: womenoncourse.com, 703.268.5078.
About Billy Casper Golf
Founded more than 20 years ago in cooperation with golf legend Billy Casper, the company is the largest owner-operator of golf courses, country clubs and resorts in the U.S. with more than 150 properties in 28 states. Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia with regional offices across America, BCG directs course and property maintenance, staffing and training, clubhouse operations, food-and-beverage, merchandising, golf instruction, marketing and public relations, special events and financial management.
Billy Casper Golf divisions:
• Buffalo Communications is the leading global golf-lifestyle public relations, branding, marketing-communications and creative services firm representing top brands in and related to golf.
• Buffalo Turf & Landscape Company provides golf course agronomic programs with a new fee-for-service structure that allows owners unfettered visibility into actual activities and costs.
• Women on Course is the nation's premier golf-networking organization, further solidifying Billy Casper Golf's commitment to grow participation in the golf lifestyle.
More information: billycaspergolf.com, 703.761.1444.
Billy Casper Golf / Buffalo Communications