OCALA, Fla. -- National Tourism Week makes a stay in Ocala/Marion County this year May 3rd through May 11th with awareness focused on local residents, who are being challenged to explore the county.
County residents will get the chance to visit and 'check in' at more than 20 popular tourism locations and attractions in Ocala/Marion County and in doing so can earn a special edition T-shirt.
The 20 locations and attractions include these Ocala/ Marion County landmarks:
1. Tour the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing
2. Tour the Florida Carriage Museum
3. Zip lining at Zip the Canyons
4. Kayak at Rainbow Springs State Park
5. Take a ride on the Silver Springs glass bottom boat tour at Silver Springs State Park
6. Visit the Cracker Village at Silver Springs State Park
7. Find the Rainbow Springs State Park waterfalls
8. Bike the Santos Trailhead
9. Hiking in the Ocala National Forest
10. Ride with Cactus Jack's Trail Rides at the Florida Horse Park
11. Take your pictures with the sculptures at Tuskawilla Park
12. Visit the historic gazebo in downtown Ocala
13. See a movie at the Ocala Drive-In
14. Tee off at Ocala National Golf Club
15. Tour the Marion County E.A.R.S.
16. Pick fruit at the Florida Peach Farms & Nursery
17. Pick berries at the Blues Brothers Blueberry Farm
18. Tour the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association Museum
19. Stop in at the historic Orange Shop
20. Take photo in front of the Belleview City Hall
To earn your T-shirt, simply visit any three locations on the list, snap a photo of yourself at each of the the venues you selected, then post the photos on the Ocala/Marion County Visitors Convention Bureau's Facebook page. Submissions must include the promotion hashtag #tourismmatters. The T-shirt promotion runs only during National Tourism Week, May 3rd through May 11th. At the end of the promotion, participants that submitted three qualifying photos will be contacted to make arrangements to receive their T-shirt.
Did you know that Ocala/Marion County hosts more than 1.3 million guests annually producing more than $300 million in positive economic impact in the county and creating more than 10,000 jobs?
National Tourism Week is a United States tradition first celebrated in 1984, and established by a Congressional joint resolution. The purpose of National Tourism Week is to educate local residents of the importance of tourism to the successes end economy of their area.
For information, please visit the Ocala/Marion County Visitors and Convention Bureau's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ocalamarion and website: http://www.ocalamarion.com
The Ocala/Marion County Visitors and Convention Bureau is the official branding, sales, and marketing organization for Marion County responsible for generating brand awareness, increasing travel to the area and booking sporting events, conventions and meetings.
For more information, visit www.OcalaMarion.com