RIVIERA MAYA, Mexico -- Award-winning golf instructor Jim McLean will lead a three-day workshop at El Camaléon Golf Club at Mayakoba, a five-star eco-resort on the shores of the Caribbean in Mexico. Taking place May 23-25, 2014, the workshop will offer an exclusive opportunity to receive personalized instruction from Jim McLean, who has taught more than 100 PGA, LPGA and Senior PGA TOUR players, that will improve their swing and overall performance, taking their golf game to the next level. McLean's many accolades include "PGA National Teacher of the Year" in 1994 and "PGA Master Professional" during the winter of 1982.
Designed by Greg Norman, El Camaléon is home to the first and only Jim McLean Golf Academy in Mexico, and also plays host to the only PGA TOUR event in Mexico - The OHL Classic. Participants will be able to walk in the footsteps of many great PGA TOUR players, while receiving expert training from master instructor McLean himself. The three-day workshop includes:
• Three (3) nights accommodation at Rosewood Mayakoba in a Lagoon Suite
• Three (3) days of personalized instruction by Jim McLean at Mayakoba's El Camaléon Golf Course
• Eight (8) hours of instruction per day
• Club Fitting at new Pure Performance Golf Lab (optional)
• Dinner with Jim McLean at Rosewood's Casa Del Lago
• Transportation to and from Cancun International Airport
• Daily Breakfast and Lunch at El Camaléon
• Two (2) complimentary green fees for next visit
• Welcome Kit (includes branded logo wear, sunscreen, golf balls, towel and a ball mark)
The workshop is priced at $7,500 USD per person, inclusive of all taxes and fees. Limited reservations are available. To book, please contact Laurie Boddiford at firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 591 6409.
Participants in the workshop will have access to the latest in golf technology, including a new Pure Performance Golf Lab, a cutting-edge club fitting system used by PGA TOUR players. In addition to new technology, Mayakoba has made significant investments to enhance the already five-star golf experience at El Camaléon, including:
• Redesigned Clubhouse: updated décor and a new restaurant helmed by México's top Chef, Enrique Olvera
• Updated Club Locker Rooms: featuring a VIP Lounge area and newly installed lockers available for personalization
• New Golf Carts Equipped with Advanced GPS: view flyovers of each hole, keep score electronically, place food & beverage orders, or make a reservation at the Clubhouse restaurant
• Expanded Pro Shop: a new location and added merchandise offerings, including all top golf brands and OHL Classic at Mayakoba merchandise year-round
• Additional Course Amenities: new F&B carts located on the front and back nine's, bamboo divot repair tools, tees and complimentary bottled water
Mayakoba and El Camaléon Golf Club are located 45 minutes south of Cancun in the heart of the Riviera Maya, just minutes from the dynamic beach destination of Playa del Carmen. Recognized by the Audubon Society, the 7,024-yard, PAR 72 course boasts a spectacular layout winding about the tropical jungle and mangrove forests before boldly stretching to the sea. Like the chameleon from which it takes its name, it offers up ever-changing challenges and alluring vistas: fairways lined with sand dunes and mangroves, distinctive hazards such as cenotes (subterranean caves), crystal-clear lagoons, and greens perched on the edge of the Caribbean Sea.
About JIM MCLEAN GOLF:
Jim McLean is the 1994 PGA National Teacher of the Year and owner of the Jim McLean Golf Schools, with multiple locations throughout the US, Mexico and Europe. McLean is probably best known for his research on the golf swing and his work on The X-Factor ®, which describes, in detail, body motions, body angles and body positions. The X-Factor ® and Y-Factor ® are just a few terms Jim has coined over the last 3 decades of golf research. The Eight Step video is the all-time best selling video on The Golf Channel and the all time #1 golf DVD in America. Jim's "Eight Step Swing" book was ranked by Sports Illustrated as one of the top golf instruction books of the 20th century (ranked #11). The Golf Swing: Ben Hogan video has won 6 major awards the most of any golf video in history. Jim was also named 1st alternate to the US World Cup Team in 1972. He played the PGA Tour during the winter of 1982.
Located in the Riviera Maya just 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen, Mayakoba is an eco-friendly resort development on the shores of the Caribbean in Mexico. Surrounded by natural beauty in its lagoons, pools and sugar sand beaches, Mayakoba is home to three luxury hotels - Fairmont Mayakoba, Rosewood Mayakoba and Banyan Tree Mayakoba. The resort also offers a spectacular 18-hole course designed by renowned architect and PGA legend Greg Norman. The signature course is home to the OHL Classic at Mayakoba - the only PGA TOUR event in Mexico. Six miles of freshwater lagoons that lead to a white sand beach with turquoise waters on the Caribbean Sea connect all of the hotels. Guests are transported in boats via canals made exclusively for the resort, which have led to Mayakoba being called "the Venice of the Yucatan." Mayakoba is an eco-conscious development and has implemented significant practices to encourage sustainability. For more information, please visit www.mayakoba.com
Kyra Lausmann Dauer
Castillo & Ruig Communications