ACME, Mich. -- For many golfers throughout the country, the winter of 2013-2014 will linger in memory as one of the hardest. Winter is not over yet, but signs of spring are beginning to emerge.
Golf show season in the Midwest is in full swing and Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, home of the renowned Jack Nicklaus signature golf course, The Bear, is preparing for golf season, which typically begins in mid-April (weather permitting). Lesson activity is increasing at the Resort's indoor/outdoor Golf Academy with golfers getting their swings tuned up in anticipation of the beginning of golf season.
The Resort's Golf Brochure with information and rates for the 2014 season is available on the Resort's website and is being distributed at golf shows. Golf Packages are posted on the Resort's website and are ready to be booked. And the Resort's 2014 Golf Events Calendar is filling in.
Here are a few highlights of the 2014 Golf Events Calendar so far.
• June 15-22 -- Golf Your Daylights Out!: $99 for Resort Guests, $129 for Non-Resort Guests (all day rates)
• July 5-12 -- National Cherry Festival Golf Specials: The Bear $95, The Wolverine $75, Spruce Run $55
• August 29-September 1 -- Labor Day Weekend Golf Specials: The Bear $90, The Wolverine $70, Spruce Run $50
• September 27 -- Fourth Annual Big Hole Golf Tournament: A three-person team scramble event featuring 10-inch cups on all 18 holes.
• October 19 -- Sixth Annual Tuff Enuff Golf Tournament: Play Michigan's toughest golf course, The Bear, from the tips in a two-person best ball event.
- Golf Packages -
Grand Traverse Resort and Spa will offer a variety of one- and two-night golf packages in spring, summer and fall.
For example, the midweek version of the Resort's Two Night Championship Golf Package includes:
· 2 Nights Accommodations
· 2-Days of Unlimited Golf
· Complimentary Bucket of Range balls
· 2 Breakfast Buffets per person at Sweetwater American Bistro
· Replay rate for additional rounds on any of our golf courses
Midweek Two Night Championship Golf Package pricing for Spring Season, April 11 - May 22, 2014, starts at $276 per person in the Hotel and at $304 per person in the Tower.*
* The above pricing does not include 11% tax and $14.95 nightly resort fee. The above rates are per person, based on double occupancy. Rooms at this rate are limited. Not available to groups. May not be combined with other offers. Certain other restrictions may apply. Replay round can be booked in advance for Spruce Run only. Replay round availability for The Bear and The Wolverine will be determined following completion of first round.
Other packages are available.
- About Grand Traverse Resort and Spa -
Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, located near Traverse City, Mich. along Lake Michigan's Grand Traverse Bay, is one of the Midwest's finest year-round resorts featuring, nearly 600 guest rooms, and golf courses by legends Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player. The Resort's Golf Academy, open year-round, is under the direction of six-time Michigan Open Champion Scott Hebert, PGA.
For golf event, golf package and Golf Academy information and reservations, call 800-236-1577 or visit www.grandtraverseresort.com/golf .
J. Michael DeAgostino
Public Relations Manager
Resort & Golf Marketing