PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- Famed entrepreneur and golf course developer Donald Trump will join PGA of America President Ted Bishop, former USGA Executive Director David Fay, Golf Channel President Mike McCarley, and TaylorMade-adidas Golf Chief Executive Officer Mark King for a State of the Industry panel, Wednesday, Jan. 22, at the 61st PGA Merchandise Show.
Presented by the PGA of America, the panel will appear at 10:30 a.m. on the PGA Forum Stage in the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. The panel will provide an expert forecast on what to expect in the industry for the coming year, as well as serve as a forum to analyze important topics that directly impact the game.
The industry panel will conclude with a question-and-answer session for attending PGA Professionals and industry executives who make the annual pilgrimage from nearly 80 countries for the global gathering to open their new season for the business of golf.
The schedule of presentations on the PGA Forum Stage is diverse and will include programs focusing on:
• Attracting Millennials to golf
• Fostering a women-friendly golf environment
• Improving golf customer service
• Growing PGA Junior League Golf
• Sharing Best Practices of golf’s top teachers
Further presentations will be made by leading golf manufacturers, including COBRA PUMA GOLF, PING, TaylorMade-adidas Golf, Callaway Golf, U.S. Kids Golf, Golf Digest and Golf Channel.
“The 2014 schedule of presentations on the PGA Forum Stage presentation is rich with compelling content by our industry’s foremost experts in their fields,” said Ted Bishop, 38th president of the PGA of America. “We’re pleased that so many golf leaders, award-winning PGA Professionals and industry influencers are utilizing the PGA Forum Stage at the PGA Merchandise Show to address, discuss and move forward the business of golf during our industry’s first major golf business event on the 2014 calendar.”
Organized by the PGA of America, the PGA Forum Stage was introduced in 2007 to provide the game’s leaders with an unprecedented opportunity to reach the more than 40,000 attending international industry professionals with pressing matters impacting the business of golf. Those in attendance will roam the Orange County Convention Center’s Show floor with more than 1,000 exhibiting companies and brands displaying a wide range of products and services.
2014 PGA Merchandise Show PGA Forum Stage Schedule
(Subject to Change; updated regularly at www.pgashow.com)
Wednesday, Jan. 22
9:30 a.m. GAME GOLF Partnership Announcement, presented by the PGA of America
• Featuring PGA CEO Pete Bevacqua, PGA Tour Professional Graeme McDowell, and GAME GOLF CEO John McGuire
10:30 a.m. State of the Industry Panel Discussion, presented by the PGA of America
• Featuring PGA President Ted Bishop, famed Golf Course Developer Donald Trump, USGA Former Executive Director David Fay, Golf Channel President Mike McCarley, and TaylorMade CEO Mark King. Moderator: Golf Channel’s Damon Hack
11:30 a.m. TaylorMade Golf Presentation: “Future of Distance”
• Featuring TaylorMade Golf Vice President Sean Toulon & past PGA Teacher of the Year Hank Haney
12:30 p.m. “Creating and Fostering a Women-Friendly Environment,” presented by Callaway Golf
• Featuring panelists Ernie Ruiz, PGA; Maria Erickson, Arthur Little and Jan BelJan. Moderator: Debbie Waitkus, President, Golf For Cause
3:00 p.m. COBRA PUMA Featured Program
• Featuring COBRA PUMA CEO Bob Philion, COBRA PUMA athletes and Golf Channel’s Holly Sonders
4:30 p.m. AGM Platinum Awards Presentation
• The annual AGM Platinum Awards, presented by the Association of Golf Merchandisers, recognizes premier golf shops from the private, public, resort, and off-course sectors.
Thursday, Jan. 23
10:00 a.m. Marketing, Retailing to Millennials, presented by Golf Digest
• Featuring Ryan Kuehl of Under Armour, Harry Arnett of Callaway, Adrienne Cass of Trendy Golf, Chris Rosaasen of Travis Mathew, and Matt Corey of PGA Tour Superstore. Moderator: Ashley Mayo, Golf Digest editor.
11:00 a.m. Managing a Customer-Centric Experience, presented by the PGA of America
• Featuring Tim Scholler, SVP-Director and Shopper Experience at Erwin Penland. Moderator: Jennifer Mills
12:00 p.m. Golf Channel: What’s Coming in 2014
• Golf Channel President Mike McCarley presents new programing initiatives and shares sneak previews for 2014. Panelists Notah Begay, Steve Burkowski, Charlie Rymer and Holly Sonders discuss collegiate golf; and NBC’s Jimmy Roberts shares stories from his critically acclaimed series, “In Play with Jimmy Roberts.”
1:00 p.m. PGA Teacher of the Year Presentation: Lou Guzzi- 2013 PGA Teacher of the Year
• Featuring Lou Guzzi, PGA. Moderator: Michael Breed, PGA
2:00 p.m. PING Club Fitting Featured Presentation and Putting Competition
• Featuring PGA Professionals Stan Utley and Todd Anderson; and PGA Tour Professional Chris DiMarco; moderated by PING’s Pete Samuels; followed by the PING “Distance Yourself Skills Challenge” Putting Finals.
3:00 p.m. PGA Junior League Golf, presented by the PGA of America
• Featuring PGA Professional panelists Rhonda Ferguson, Erika Larkin, Keith Miller and Chuck Scoggins; and New Jersey PGA Director of Operations Chris Hunt. Moderator: Bob Longmire.
4:30 p.m. U.S. Kids Top 50 Kids Teachers Awards Presentation
• U.S. Kids Golf annually recognizes 50 elite golf professionals who have focused their careers to developing youth golf in their communities and are known for their overall excellence and commitment to serving youth. Moderator: Jennifer Mills.
Friday, Jan. 24
9:00 a.m. “Teaching Millennials by Millennials,” presented by Golf Digest
• Featuring PGA Professional panelists Trillium Sellers; Kevin Hinton; Justin Sheehan; and James Standhardt. Moderator: Max Adler, Golf Digest deputy editor
10:00 a.m. PGA of America Section Teacher of the Year Presentation
• Featuring panelists Eric Alpenfels – Carolinas; Mike Adams – New Jersey; Jared Isaacs South Florida; and Don Sargent – Northern Ohio. Moderator: Michael Breed, PGA
About the PGA Merchandise Show
The 61st PGA Merchandise Show, held January 21-24, 2014, in Orlando, Fla., will welcome some 1,000 top golf companies and brands and more than 40,000 industry professionals from around the world to the industry’s annual global summit for the business of golf. The PGA Merchandise Show features a new day pattern in 2014 with the PGA Show Outdoor Demo Day, the world’s largest professional golf testing event, held on Tuesday, Jan. 21, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the Orange County National Golf Center. During PGA Show days, Wednesday – Friday, Jan. 22-24, at the Orange County Convention Center, PGA Professionals, retailers and industry leaders will uncover the latest trends, source the newest golf merchandise, test the latest equipment, learn proven business best practices, network among peers and move forward the business of the game. The new hours of the 2014 PGA Merchandise Show are: Wednesday and Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The PGA Merchandise Show is organized in partnership with The PGA of America as a trade-only event. Learn more about the event at www.PGAShow.com and engage with us at:
About the PGA of America
Since its founding in 1916, the PGA of America has maintained a twofold mission: to establish and elevate the standards of the profession and to grow interest and participation in the game of golf. By establishing and elevating the standards of the golf profession through world-class education, career services, marketing and research programs, the PGA enables its professionals to maximize their performance in their respective career paths and showcases them as experts in the game and in the multi-billion dollar golf industry. By creating and delivering world-class championships and innovative programs, the PGA of America elevates the public's interest in the game, the desire to play more golf, and ensures accessibility to the game for everyone, everywhere. As the PGA nears its centennial, the PGA brand represents the very best in golf.
PGA of America: Jamie Carbone, (561) 624-8446, email@example.com
PGA Merchandise Show: Sherry Major, (716) 662-3855, firstname.lastname@example.org