PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- New education opportunities across multiple platforms are available to PGA Professionals and industry executives attending the 2014 PGA Merchandise Show, January 21-24, in Orlando, Fla. Exclusive-content, high-profile sessions by presenters such as the Disney Institute, Turner Sports and the Titleist Performance Institute, plus a new structured networking program, will enhance the PGA Show Education Conference of daily seminars, Jan. 22-24, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. Additionally, David Leadbetter, Mike Malaska, Dana Rader, Stan Utley and Suzy Whaley will present one-hour instructional workshops during the PGA Show Outdoor Demo Day, Jan.21, at the Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge in Winter Garden, Fla.
Registration is now available at www.PGAShow.com with early registration savings through December 12, 2013, and single-session pricing offered for the first time.
"The educational offerings at the PGA Merchandise Show have been reconstructed to create unique opportunities in the golf community, presentations that you won't find anywhere else," said PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions Senior Vice President and General Manager Ed Several. "We have created bigger, more impactful sessions that get to the core of what it takes to be highly successful in today's golf business environment. The Disney presentations, for example, will demonstrate how to deliver the ultimate in customer service and how to develop a positive customer experience. These and the other high-profile education seminars will help PGA Professionals and industry leaders learn from the proven formulas practiced by other professionals in the industry, and create a career-enhancing opportunity for those in attendance."
Instructional Workshops at the PGA Show Outdoor Demo Day
Sponsored by Orange Whip Trainer
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Orange County National Golf Center & Lodge, Winter Garden, Fla.
David Leadbetter ~ Mike Malaska ~ Dana Rader ~ Stan Utley ~ Suzy Whaley
Five of the industry's most prominent golf instructors - PGA Professionals David Leadbetter, Mike Malaska, Stan Utley and Suzy Whaley, and renowned LPGA teaching professional Dana Rader - will provide hands-on skill instruction during one-hour sessions at the teaching pavilion of the Orange County National Golf Center, on Wednesday, Jan. 21, during the PGA Show Outdoor Demo Day. PGA Professionals receive 1 MSR credit in the PGA Education category per session. Registration is available at www.pgashow.com on a first-come, first-served basis due to a limited capacity venue.
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Dana Rader, Golf Digest's Top 50 Best Teachers in America, LPGA Master Professional
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Stan Utley, PGA TOUR winner, Golf Digest's Top 50 Best Teachers in America,
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Mike Malaska, 2011 PGA Teacher of the Year, Golf Digest's Top 50 Best Teachers in America
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Suzy Whaley, PGA, LPGA, Golf Digest's Top 50 Best Teachers in America, 2013 Master U.S. Kids Golf Instructor
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. David Leadbetter, Golf Digest's Top 50 Best Teachers in America
Additionally, a condensed FlightScope® Academy program will be held in conjunction with the 2014 PGA Merchandise Show Outdoor Demo Day, 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., at the Tooth Course of Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge. All attendees will be Certified FlightScope® Professionals after the completion of the course and an online exam. PGA Professionals will receive 5 MSR credits (PGA Education). Registration available at www.PGAShow.com.
Featured Exclusive-Content, High-Profile Sessions
January 22-24, 2014
Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Fla.
The new "exclusive content" sessions of the PGA Education Conference will feature the industry's most respected subject-matter experts presenting a series of seminars on topics to immediately impact successful golf business operations.
- Fit to W.I.N. - How to use Technology to Build the Ultimate Fitness & Instructional Program - Presented by Dr. Gregg Rose and Dave Phillips, PGA, Co-Founder of Titleist Performance Institute
• Wednesday, Jan. 22, 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Social Media Boot Camp Presented by Turner Sports
• Wednesday, Jan. 22, 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Coaching Juniors to Peak Performance featuring Cameron McCormick, 2007 & 2013 North Texas PGA Teacher of the Year & Coach to Jordan Spieth (2013 PGA Tour Rookie of the Year) interviewed by Gary Van Sickle, Sr. Writer Sports Illustrated/GOLF.com
• Thursday, Jan. 23, 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- "Leading Change through Golf Course Design" featuring Tony Jacklin, CBE, interviewed by Matt Adams, New York Times best-selling author & award-winning national morning radio host on SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio.
• Thursday, Jan. 23, 3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- Creating a Guest Service Culture - Presented by the Disney Institute
• Friday, Jan. 24, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m
PGA & AGM Education Seminars
January 22-24, 2014
Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Fla.
Many of golf's most respected subject matter experts and industry leaders will present in-depth 60-minute seminars on teaching & coaching, leadership, player development and retailing during the comprehensive PGA Merchandise Show Education Conference.
Spotlight Sessions: Leadership
- How to Lead Your Business Forward to Succeed in Today's Market, Dana Garmany, PGA, Founder & Chairman, Troon Golf
- A 20 Year Lesson Plan for Building a Golf Business , Peter Hill, CEO & Chairman, Billy Casper Golf
- If Not You, Who? Business Leadership in Challenging Times, Roger Warren, PGA
Spotlight Sessions: Teaching & Coaching
- Learning or Teaching the Golf Swing is a Sequence of Small, Global & Mental Skill Sets, Mike Malaska, 2011 PGA Teacher of the Year
- Controversial Teaching Topics, Mike Bender, PGA
- Training Junior Champions, Cheryl Anderson, PGA
Spotlight Sessions: Player Development
- Women: The Spenders, Trenders and Recommenders, Donna Fidorowitz
- Building an Instruction Business that Grows Revenue Beyond Your Time on the Lesson Tee, Todd Sones, PGA
- Creating More Golfers, Ian James, Retail Tribe
Spotlight Sessions: Retailing
- What Your Members Really Want! Beat the Competition & Increase Sales, Sheryl Bindelglass, AGM Education Team
- Looking for More Profit? Inventory Turnover Holds The Key to Improving Profits and achieving better sell through of Merchandise, Tracy Moffatt, AGM Education Team
- Double Your Sales with Special Events! Get People into Your Shop!, Sheryl Bindelglass, AGM Education Team
New Structured Networking Programs
Each PGA Merchandise Show morning, Jan. 22-24, conference registrants will be able to enjoy complimentary morning coffee together before the seminars begin. On Thursday evening, Jan. 23, PGA Golf Exhibitions also will host a PGA Show Conference Networking Reception, complimentary to registrants with a full education conference pass, to promote networking and a healthy exchange of ideas and best practices.
Registration - Online, Early Savings & Single Sessions
Registration for the educational offerings at the PGA Merchandise Show is now available online at www.PGAShow.com. Early savings are available for registration made through Dec. 12, 2013, and, for the first time, single session registration is available in addition to single day and full conference. For special assistance with education registration, please contact Diana Press at 1-800-363-3631 or email email@example.com.
PGA Youth & Family Golf Summit
The PGA of America will present the inaugural Youth & Family Golf Summit on Jan. 20, at the Orange County Convention Center. Dottie Pepper, ESPN golf analyst, assistant captain of the 2013 U.S. Solheim Cup Team and Independent Director on the PGA of America's Board of Directors, will present the keynote address and discuss why junior golf was so important for her personal and professional development and the role that PGA Professionals played in that process. Additional presentations will be made by Nicole Weller, the 2013 PGA Junior Golf Leader; and previous national Junior Golf Leader recipients Don Law, Rick Grayson, Sandy La Bauve and John Godwin. PGA Professionals may learn more information and register at www.PGALinks.com.
About the PGA Merchandise Show
The 61st PGA Merchandise Show, held January 21-24, 2014, in Orlando, Fla., will welcome some 1,000 top golf companies and brands and more than 40,000 industry professionals from around the world to the industry's annual global summit for the business of golf. The PGA Show Outdoor Demo Day, the world's largest professional golf testing event, will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 21, at the Orange County National Golf Center. During PGA Show days, Jan. 22-24 at the Orange County Convention Center, PGA Professionals, retailers and industry leaders will uncover the latest trends, source the newest golf merchandise, test the latest equipment, learn proven business best practices, network among peers and move forward the business of the game. The PGA Merchandise Show is organized in partnership with The PGA of America as a trade-only event.
Learn more about the event at www.PGAShow.com and engage with us at:
PGA Merchandise Show: Sherry Major, (716) 662-3855, firstname.lastname@example.org
PGA of America: Jamie Carbone, (561) 624-8446, email@example.com