ALEXANDRIA, Va. -- The Club Managers Association of America is pleased to announce its distinguished slate of featured speakers for the 87th World Conference and Club Business Expo in Orlando, FL, at the Orlando World Center Marriott from February 4-8, 2014. The Conference offers club management professionals from around the world the opportunity to participate in education sessions and peer networking events as well as preview the latest products and services available in the industry at the Club Business Expo.
The dynamic itinerary features more approximately 47 percent new speakers. Attendees will engage with speakers such as:
Pat Williams, Senior Vice President of the Orlando Magic, will present the first General Education Session on Friday, February 7.
Charles Hazlewood, Award-winning British Conductor and founder of the British Paraorchestra, will be featured at the second General Session on Saturday, February 8.
Bo Jackson, retired All-Star baseball and football player, will close out the event at the Awards and Conference Finale on the afternoon of Saturday, February 8.
Other notable presenters will include:
* Former golfer and current ESPN golf commentator, Dottie Pepper;
* Former MLB Player and World Series Winner, Jim Eisenreich;
* First US Women's Olympic Basketball Coach and long-time UCLA Coach, Billie Moore;
* PR Experts Clayton Fletcher and Steve Cody of Peppercomm;
* American Olympic Gold Medal decathlete, Bryan Clay;
* Fifteen year veteran of The Boston Beer Company, Scott Hempstead;
* Author of A Slice of the Pie and owner of Nick's Pizza & Pub, Nick Sarillo;
* American golf course architect of more than 100 courses Rees Jones; and
* National Geographic photographer Dick Durrance.
For more information or to register, visit www.cmaa.org/conf. Special rates for this not-to-miss event are available until December 12, 2013.
The Club Managers Association of America is the professional Association for managers of membership clubs. CMAA has close to 6,500 members across all classifications. Manager members operate more than 2,500 country, golf, city, athletic, faculty, yacht, town and military clubs. The objectives of the Association are to promote and advance friendly relations among persons connected with the management of clubs and other associations of similar character; to encourage the education and advancement of members; and to assist club officers and members, through their managers, to secure the utmost in efficient and successful operations.
Senior Director, Communications and Government Relations
Club Managers Association of America
1733 King St
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 739-9500 ext. 286
CMAA Media Center
CMAA Legislative & Regulatory Resources