BEAVERTON, Ore. -- Nike athlete Charl Schwartzel used memories of his come-from-behind victoryin the 2011 Masters Tournament as an inspirational force to overcome a three-shot final round deficit and win the Nanshan China Masters on the One Asia Tour by one shot.
"I won the U.S. Masters from four shots behind and I won by two shots," said Schwartzel. "I never thought I was out of it, for any second. It's a matter of staying in there, hitting good golf shots and controlling your own destiny."
With 14 Nike clubs in his bag, Schwartzel used equipment from Nike's VR Pro line, including his Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 8.5 degree driver, VR Pro Limited Edition fairway woods and VR Pro Blades. He also used the Nike Method 001 putter featuring Nike's Polymetal Groove technology, which helps to reduce skid and produce a truer roll.
Schwartzel sported apparel from Nike's Tour Premium Collection and Nike's Lunar Control footwear.
His Nanshan China Masters title represents his second global victory this season following the Alfred Dunhill Championship win on the European Tour.
Schwartzel's Nike Golf Arsenal
Driver: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 8.5-degree
Fairways: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 3-wood/15-degree and 5-wood/19-degree
Irons: Nike VR Pro Blades (3-9)
Wedges: Nike VR Pro 48-degree, 54-degree & 60-degree
Putter: Nike Method 001
Ball: Nike One Tour D
Apparel: Nike Golf Tour Premium
Footwear: Nike Lunar Control
Nike Golf's 2013 PGA Tour Victories
• Tiger Woods - WGC-Bridgestone Invitational
• Tiger Woods - The Players Championship
• Tiger Woods - WGC Cadillac Championship
• Tiger Woods - Arnold Palmer Invitational
• Scott Brown - Puerto Rico Open
• Tiger Woods - Farmers Insurance Open
• Russell Henley - Sony Open
Nike Golf's 2013 International Victories
· Charl Schwartzel - Nanshan China Masters (One Asia Tour)
• Tommy Fleetwood - Johnnie Walker Championship (European Tour)
• Paul Casey - The Irish Open (European Tour)
• Scott Jamieson - The Nelson Mandela Championship (European Tour)
• Charl Schwartzel - Alfred Dunhill Championship (European Tour)
Nike Golf's 2013 LPGA Tour Victories
• Suzann Pettersen - Evian Championship
• Suzann Pettersen - Safeway Classic
• Suzann Pettersen - LPGA LOTTE Championship
Nike Golf's 2013 Ladies International Victories
• Suzann Pettersen - Mission Hills World Ladies' Golf Championship
Nike Golf's 2013 Web.com Victories
• Seung-Yul Noh - Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship
• Kevin Tway - Boise Open
• Jamie Lovemark - Midwest Classic
Nike Golf's 2013 European Challenge Tour Victories
• Dylan Frittelli - Karnten Open
Located at NIKE's World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon, Nike Golf designs and markets golf equipment, apparel, balls, footwear, bags and accessories worldwide. Nike Golf is passionately dedicated to ushering in the future of this great sport by developing ground-breaking innovations that enable and inspire athletes to become better. For more information on Nike Golf, visit our Web site at www.nikegolf.com. To follow Nike Golf on Twitter visit www.twitter.com/nikegolf and to become a fan on facebook go to www.facebook.com/nikegolf. To view Nike Golf videos subscribe to our You Tube channel at www.youtube.com/nikegolf. Editors and journalists in the U.S. seeking editorial information and downloadable images, visit www.nikeinc.com. For international journalists, please contact Nike Golf's public relations representative in respective countries for information.
Beth Gast - Nike Golf
Kristen McKenna - Nike Golf