DALLAS -- Eagle Golf, operator of 31 public, private and municipal golf courses throughout the United States, is in the midst of its summer-long General Manager In Training (GMIT) program, which provides professional development and management training for 10 internal associates selected by the Eagle Golf corporate team.
The 15-week program began in late May and runs throughout the summer with each of the 15 weeks focused on a different aspect of running a golf course. Trainees shadow managers in every department, learn the financial and audit processes, undergo leadership training and travel to visit other Eagle Golf courses during the program.
"What sets Eagle Golf apart from other management companies is the radical hospitality we provide at every level of interaction with guests, and we created the GMIT program because nobody knows our expectations better than our current staff," said Joe Munsch, CEO of Eagle Golf. "The training curriculum prepares our staff to serve as GM of one of our courses, and it provides Eagle Golf with a strong list of outstanding leaders when we have GM openings."
The 2013 GMIT participants include:
• Ann Lund - Clear Creek Golf Course, Pearland, Texas
• Steve Feddern - Mill Creek Golf Club, Geneva, Ill.
• Mark Mayfield - Meadowbrook Canyon Creek, Lubbock, Texas
• Justin Johnson - Indian Creek Golf Club, Carrollton, Texas
• Wayne Caldwell - Links at Lands End, Yantis, Texas
• Matt Stephens - Park Hill Golf Course, Denver Colo.
• Anel Gamez - Mansfield National Golf Club, Mansfield, Texas
• James Bond - The Golf Club at Fossil Creek, Fort Worth, Texas
• Nathan Gillespy - Riverside Golf Course, Grand Prairie, Texas
• Brett Johnson - Whitetail Ridge Golf Club, Yorkville Ill.
Nine general managers or superintendents for Eagle Golf have been through the program including Chris Fink from Indian Creek Golf Course, Kevin McGuire from Teravista Golf Club, Jordan Bailey from Meadowbrook Golf Course, Patrick O'Brien from Lakeridge Country Club, Garrett Peek from Mansfield National, Sean Swanberg from Lake Park Golf Course, Chris Teafatiller from Clear Creek Golf Course, Kenny Baker from Mansfield National and Neal Dube from WestRidge Golf Course.
Eagle Golf has been in operation for more than 28 years. Based in Dallas, the company provides a full suite of golf course management services to 31 golf facilities across the country. More information can be found at www.eaglegolf.com.
Alday Communications, Inc.
615-791-1535 ext. 22