KAUA'I, Hawaii -- The award-winning golf courses in the Kaua'i Visitors Bureau co-operative - Kaua'i: Discover Golf's Ultimate Island Green - have unveiled new packages, offering substantial savings and themes tailored to families and couples.
In addition, the celebrated Prince Course at Princeville Golf Club recently opened a par-3 "Mini Prince," particularly suited for families.
• Prince Course at Princeville Introduces 'Mini Prince:' The new six-hole, par-3 course dubbed the "Mini Prince" at the Prince Course at Princeville Golf Club is easy to walk and is set on the 13-acre practice facility. Designed for all skill levels with larger putting cups making it easier for novices, the "Mini Prince" opens at 4 p.m. daily. The cost is $15 for adults and complimentary if golfers played the Prince Course on the same day. Juniors ages 8-17 play for free if accompanied by a paying adult. Juniors age 12-17 unaccompanied play for $5. For tee times, call 808.826.5001.
• Kaua'i Lagoons Golf Club Announces Family Friendly Specials: Kaua'i Lagoons Golf Club is offering a "Family Fore-Some Special." For $99, a family of four can play nine holes on the inland Waikahe Nine Course. Price includes green fees, carts and rental clubs for up to four players. A two-adult maximum applies. Also, juniors ages 6-17 can play free anytime on the Waikahe Nine when accompanied by a paying adult. One child may play for free for each paying adult. For tee times or information call 800.634.6400.
• 'Nine, Wine & Dine' at Makai Golf Club at Princeville: Guests play 18 ($195) or nine holes ($115) at Makai Golf Club and receive a $50 gift certificate for use at any of The St. Regis Princeville Resort's renowned restaurants, lounges or Halele'a Spa. Call 808.826.1912 for details.
• Poipu Bay Golf Course Offers Couples 'Tee for Two' Program: The new "Tee for Two" program at Poipu Bay Golf Course allows couples to tee off between 1 p.m. and 1:50 p.m. daily for 18 holes as a twosome for $135 (plus tax) per person, a substantial savings off the regular $240 rate. The program also provides complimentary use of Callaway X Hot rental clubs (a $55 value). Based on course availability. For tee times, call 800.858.6300.
• Puakea Golf Course Introducing Multiple Round Package Deals: Golfers can save up to $300 by choosing between the Triple Play (three rounds for $199), 5 Star (five rounds for $299) and the Lucky 7 Package (seven rounds for $399) at Puakea Golf Course. Rates are per person and subject to change and Hawaii State Tax. Call 866.773.5554 for more details.
For more information about golf on Kaua'i "Like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/KauaiGolf, visit www.gohawaii.com/kauai/experiences/golf or call 800.262.1400.
About "Kaua'i: Discover Golf's Ultimate Island Green"
Kaua'i offers more than 50 miles of white sand beaches -- more beach per mile than any other island in Hawaii -- with only five percent of the island developed for commercial and residential use. The Kaua'i golf destination is a cooperative of five world-class golf courses and three award-winning resorts:
1. Prince Course at Princeville Golf Club (www.princeville.com, 800.826.1105)
• Ranked as the No. 1 course in Hawaii by GOLF Magazine (2012) and No. 22 among "America's 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses" 2013-2014 by Golf Digest
• Robert Trent Jones Jr. design re-opened in 2012 following an extensive refurbishment project that restored original design aspect, and improved playability for all skill levels
• The 66,000-square-foot clubhouse features The Tavern Restaurant, by celebrity chef Roy Yamaguchi, and the beautifully appointed 5,500-square-foot Prince Golf Shop
2. Makai Golf Club at Princeville (www.makaigolf.com, 808.826.1912)
• Re-opened in 2010 following an extensive renovation. The Makai Course has since been ranked by Golf Digest as one of "America's 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses" 2013/2014 and ranked #3 by Golfweek in Hawaii's "Best Courses You Can Play" 2013.
• Designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr., the 18-hole Makai Course incorporates serene lakes and stunning ocean coastline; the leisurely 9-hole Woods Course winds through native woodlands against a backdrop of lush mountains
• The St. Regis Princeville Resort recently completed a multi-million-dollar renovation and is home to the Halele'a Spa and The Kaua'i Grill by Jean-Georges Vongerichten
3. Kaua'i Lagoons Golf Club (www.kauailagoonsgolf.com, 800.634.6400)
• In 2012 was voted No. 6 in Hawaii in Golfweek magazine's Best Courses: State by State, No. 7 on GOLF Magazine's "Best-Of" state rankings and one of the "World's Most Beautiful Golf Courses" on MSN Travel
• Amenity of the Kaua'i Marriot Resort on Kalapaki Beach, which recently underwent major upgrades to all of its guestrooms, suites, restaurants and pool deck
• The Kiele Moana (Ocean) Course - which features the longest continuous stretch of ocean holes in Hawaii - made its debut in May 2011, bringing back the famous 18-hole Kiele Championship layout
• The front nine holes feature the par-3, fifth green encircled by a tropical Mango and Guava tree forest
• Features the only Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf experience on Kaua'i
4. Poipu Bay Golf Course (www.poipubaygolf.com, 800.858.6300)
• Along with Grand Hyatt Kaua'i Resort & Spa, Poipu Bay has been honored by Conde Nast Traveler as one of the top golf resorts in the U.S. from 2000 through 2013
• Named to Golf Digest's "America's 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses" 2013-2014 and Golfweek's "Top 100 Resort Courses in America" 2012.
• Home to the PGA Grand Slam of Golf from 1994 through 2006, it has frequently hosted players like Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Vijay Singh and other major champions
• A Robert Trent Jones, Jr. design, the course underwent renovation and unveiled the eco-friendly Seashore Paspalum turf on all greens in 2011. Its four closing holes play atop a 150-foot sea cliff.
• The Grand Hyatt Kaua'i Resort & Spa completed a renovation in 2012 and features a water playground with river pool, waterfalls, a saltwater lagoon, tennis and the celebrated Anara Spa
5. Puakea Golf Course (www.puakeagolf.com, 866.773.5554)
• Consistently rated a favorite among Kaua'i golfers in local media outlets and ranked as the No. 15 course in Hawaii by Golfweek
• Golf Course Architect Robin Nelson used the natural layout of the land when he planned this layout, testing golfers of all levels and treating them to beautiful views of Mt. Ha'upu and deep lush ravines on several holes
• Owned by AOL co-Founder Steve Case
About the KVB and HVCB
The Kaua'i Visitors Bureau is a division of the Hawai'i Visitors and Convention Bureau, which is contracted by the Hawai'i Tourism Authority (HTA), the state of Hawai'i's tourism agency, for marketing management services in North America. The HTA was established in 1998 to ensure a successful visitor industry well into the future. Its mission is to strategically manage Hawai'i tourism in a sustainable manner consistent with the state of Hawai'i's economic goals, cultural values, preservation of natural resources, community desires, and visitor industry needs.
Gary Trask, 978.228.0314
Dan Shepherd, 703.403.5317