PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- According to a recent survey by the TPC Network, 81 percent of golfers would ditch notable athletes like Tiger Woods, Michael Phelps, Lebron James and Tom Brady for the chance to play golf with their dad this Father's Day. An overwhelming 60 percent of those surveyed would give up beer and bacon for one week to play 18 holes with Dad, while respondents held tighter to their Fantasy Leagues and SportsCenter. In honor of the holiday, the network queried more than 250,000 opt-in email newsletter subscribers and 2,500 Facebook and Twitter followers on what they would forgo to play a round with their dad.
- 81 percent of respondents would ditch Tiger, Lebron, Tom Brady, Justin Timberlake and the most decorated Olympian of all time, Michael Phelps, for the chance to play 18 holes with their Father.
- 60 percent of those surveyed would give up beer and bacon, two staples in a golfer's diet, all for the chance to hit the links with Dad.
- Survey takers would chose Dad's personality, over his club membership and foot wedge, as the trait they would most like to inherit from their Father.
- Though respondents loved the fact that Dad's buying the round, an overwhelming number of surveyors said their favorite part about a day on the links was just spending time with Pop.
Those polled chose dad's carefree personality as the trait they would most likely want to inherit at 45 percent, with his competitive nature (18%), club membership (15%), swing (8%) and foot wedge (14%) as other traits they wouldn't mind Dad passing onto them.
Though respondents loved the fact that Dad's buying the round, an overwhelming number surveyed (70%) said their favorite part of the day was being able to spend time golfing with their old man.
TPC Network, world-renowned for their championship golf courses designed by some of golf's elite architects -- has always tried to make enjoying the game par for the course. For a golf experience to test tournament-ready courses with fathers and sons, TPC Network is offering special rates at select properties just in time to commemorate Father's Day.
- Golfers head out to TPC San Antonio, with golf vacations starting at just $239 per person.
- Savvy swingers tee off with savings playing TPC Louisiana for just $79 each, from now until June 2, 2013. From June 3 - Aug. 31, 2013 players golf for just $59 per person, using promotional code ZURICH2013 when booking.
- Players hit one of the most memorable greens on the TOUR, with "Its Your Stadium" package at TPC Sawgrass, starting at $396 per person.
- Linksmen test their game against the world's greatest players with The Old White TPC at The Greenbrier's "Sunday Pins" package. "Sunday Pins" includes a Sunday ticket, two rounds of golf, two nights luxury accommodations and more.
- Gift cards, the perfect way to give dad what he really wants, with tee-times, merchandise and more. Available online at tpc.com/gift-cards.
To truly challenge the game or just enjoy it with Dad, visit www.tpc.com for more information and tee times.
*Rates are per person, based on double occupancy. Taxes included. Rates subject to change.
About the TPC Network
Licensed by the PGA TOUR, the TPC Network is comprised of 32 premier private, resort and daily fee golf properties designed by some of golf's most elite architects. Eighteen of the clubs are operated by affiliates of PGA TOUR Golf Course Properties, Inc. Each TPC has hosted or has been designed to host TOUR-sponsored golf tournaments. Since TPC Sawgrass first opened its world renowned PLAYERS Stadium Course in the fall of 1980, TPCs have provided the PGA TOUR with rent-free venues for tournaments, helping to boost championship golf purses and increasing charitable donations to grass roots non-profit organizations. At the same time, TPCs have provided recreational golfers with the unique opportunity to test their skills on the same layouts where the world's best golfers compete.
TPCs are known for their outstanding conditioning and amenities, as well as a commitment to environmental excellence. The TPC Network is also distinguished by its unwavering commitment to further the PGA TOUR's "Together, anything's possible" giving back mission through support of charitable and community-based programs.
For more information, please visit www.tpc.com. For the most up-to-date news, follow the TPC Network on Twitter (@PlayTPC) or Facebook.com/TPCNetwork.