NEW YORK CITY -- Golfsmith International, the world's largest golf retailer, is growing again in the Big Apple with the city's first specialty golf store on Fifth Avenue. Golfsmith's newest interactive golfer's paradise offers New York area golfers—and shoppers from around the world—an unrivaled retail experience in the heart of one the world's most exclusive shopping epicenters.
The two-story, 15,000 square-foot store allows customers to try products before they buy using golf simulators and other high-tech gear that helps players select the best equipment for improving their games. A New York-sized Grand Opening Celebration will be held Friday, June 7 through Sunday, June 9 with a number of exciting activities including $50,000 in cash giveaways, golf clinics from world-renown instructor Hank Haney, and more than $7,500 in prizes.
The new Golfsmith New York location (420 Fifth Ave., near 38th Street) features three state-of-the-art club fitting studios with simulators that enable customers to test drive the latest equipment with the same technology used to fit tour pros. The store also has an indoor putting green and technology bar with GPS units, range finders and a variety of high-tech gadgets.
"Golfsmith's second Manhattan store offers a truly world-class customer experience worthy of its Fifth Avenue address," said Golfsmith International President and CEO, Sue Gove. "This big and beautiful new location is unlike any other store in New York City - enabling consumers to try the latest golf equipment and gear right in the heart of one of the city's most sought-after neighborhoods. It's an entirely unique shopping experience."
In addition to clubs, balls, shoes, tees and other golf essentials from brands like Titleist, PING, Callaway, TaylorMade, Cobra, PUMA, Nike Golf, Mizuno and more, Golfsmith offers a wide selection of authentic golf apparel brands and fashions not found in a typical department or discount store.
Grand Opening Celebration
More than $7,500 in prizes will be given away during the weekend celebration including iron sets, GPS units and rangefinders. In addition to door-buster deals all weekend, other activities include:
Friday, June 7
• The first 200 people through the doors receive a free pack of premium golf balls (doors open 8:00 a.m.).
• ESPN's Ryen Russillo will greet customers and host a putting contest (8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.)
• Top instructor Hank Haney will conduct a full swing clinic (11:05 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.), a short game clinic (12:05 - 12:45 p.m.) and an autograph session (12:50 - 2:00 p.m.).
• TaylorMade's Cash-for-Yards Challenge (2:00 - 8:00 p.m.) allows participants to hit one ball with the Burner 2.0 and then a second ball with the RBZ Stage 2; for every yard improved with the RBZ stage 2, participants will receive $10 with a maximum payout of $100.
• There will be three putting contests (10:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.) - winners receive gift cards.
Saturday, June 8
• Consumers can qualify for a $25,000 Hole-in-One Challenge and participate in a closest-to-the-pin contest in the simulator all day long. The top 12 scores are invited back Sunday for one try at a virtual hole in one that, if made, will pay out $25,000!
• A drawing for a $1,000 Golfsmith shopping spree will be held at 3:00 p.m. Consumers can register all day but must be present to win.
Sunday, June 9
• The first 60 customers in line receive free gifts.
• Putting contests at noon and 4:00 p.m.
• At 2:00 pm, 12 closest-to-the-pin finalists from Saturday will return to the store to compete in the $25,000 Hole-in-One Contest Finale.
For More Information
Golfsmith offers a comprehensive online store at www.golfsmith.com. Customers can register on the site for special offers and updates on the grand opening by signing up for "E-mail Offers" at http://www.golfsmith.com/stores/123/ny-fifth-avenue-now-open-.
About Golfsmith International
Golfsmith International, based in Austin, TX, is the largest specialty golf retailer in the world operating Golfsmith stores in the U.S. and Golf Town stores in Canada. The business operates as an integrated, multi-channel retailer, offering customers the convenience of shopping through any of its 150+ experiential retail locations or 24/7 shopping at its e-commerce sites, www.golfsmith.com and www.golftown.com. Golfsmith International offers extensive product selection of premier branded golf equipment as well as its proprietary products, club-making components and pre-owned clubs.
Lynn Luczkowski, L2 Communications 860-313-1426 or Lynn@L2comm.biz
Aubrey Haznar, L2 Communications, 617-549-8792 or Aubrey@L2comm.biz
Chris Miller, Golfsmith, 512-821-4131 or firstname.lastname@example.org