MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- The world's largest golf retailer, Golfsmith International, is staking a claim in the golf capital of the world with the opening of its newest store in Myrtle Beach, SC. The new 35,000 square foot Golfsmith Xtreme Myrtle Beach store provides an unrivaled retail experience that encourages customers to try product before they buy in an interactive hi-tech environment.
A Grand Opening Celebration will be held Friday, May 31 - Sunday, June 2 with a number of exciting activities including more than $7,500 in giveaways, hole-in-one and closest-to-the-pin contests, group lessons and a block party for the entire family. On June 8, Hank Haney will be on-hand to host a clinic and conduct an autograph session.
Golfsmith's newest Carolinas location, which comes on the heels of other new store openings in Columbia, Charlotte and Greensboro, includes a five bay indoor driving range and five high-tech fitting studios that let customers test drive the latest equipment with the same technology used to fit tour pros. The store also has an expansive indoor putting green and features GolfTEC - a state-of-the-art in-store improvement center - with PGA teaching professionals and certified coaches' on-hand to help golfers improve their games.
"Myrtle Beach and Golfsmith are a perfect match and we're thrilled to expand our retail footprint to this golf mecca. Locals and tourists will discover that we offer the best selection of the biggest brands at guaranteed low prices in a truly unique environment," said Golfsmith International President and CEO, Sue Gove. "Our people combine their passion for the game with service and expertise so customers can find the right gear and enjoy the game."
In addition to clubs, balls, shoes, tees and other golf essentials from brands like Titleist, PING, Callaway, TaylorMade, Cobra, PUMA, Nike Golf, Mizuno and more, Golfsmith offers a wide selection of authentic golf apparel brands and fashions not found in a typical department or discount store. Golfers will also find the latest hi-tech accessories such as GPS units, swing analyzers and rangefinders.
Grand Opening Activities
More than $7,500 in freebies will be given away during the weekend celebration including drivers, iron sets, GPS units and rangefinders. Customers can also participate in a hole-in-one/closest-to-the-pin contest in which the top 12 finalists from Saturday qualify for a chance to win $10,000 in a hole-in-one challenge on Sunday June 2nd. Other activities include:
• On Friday, May 31, the first 200 people to visit the store receive a free two-pack of premium golf balls (store opens at 8:00 a.m.); customers can register to win a $1,000 shopping spree to be given away at 9:15 a.m. Must be present to win.
• On Saturday, June 1, customers can register for a chance to win a $1,000 shopping spree to be given away at 9:15 a.m. Must be present to win.
• Also on Saturday, June 1, an outdoor Block Party for the entire family will be held from noon - 6:00 p.m. in the parking lot, featuring live music, kids' zone (jump houses, face painting, stilt walker) and 10 minute golf lessons (food and drink available for purchase).
• GolfTEC will be hosting group lesson clinics on June 1, June 8 and June 15.
• On Saturday, June 8, Hank Haney will make an appearance (doors open at 8:00 a.m.) and conduct a full swing clinic (9:05-9:45 a.m.), short game clinic (10:05-10:50 a.m.), and autograph session (11:00 a.m. - noon). During the clinics, attendees can register for a chance to win a 20-minute lesson with Haney at the end of his appearance that day.
Golfsmith also offers a comprehensive online store at www.golfsmith.com. Customers can register on the site for special offers and updates on the grand opening by signing up for "E-mail Offers" at www.golfsmith.com/myrtlebeach
About Golfsmith International
Golfsmith International, based in Austin, TX, is the largest specialty golf retailer in the world operating Golfsmith stores in the U.S. and Golf Town stores in Canada. The business operates as an integrated, multi-channel retailer, offering customers the convenience of shopping through any of its 150+ experiential retail locations or 24/7 shopping at its e-commerce sites, www.golfsmith.com and www.golftown.com. Golfsmith International offers extensive product selection of premier branded golf equipment as well as its proprietary products, club-making components and pre-owned clubs.
Lynn Luczkowski, L2 Communications 860-313-1426 or Lynn@L2comm.biz
Aubrey Haznar, L2 Communications, 617-549-8792 or Aubrey@L2comm.biz
Chris Miller, Golfsmith, 512-821-4131 or firstname.lastname@example.org