CANMORE, Alberta, Canada -- All eight Canadian Rockies Golf courses in Western Alberta will offer incentives to parents when they take their kids to the course in June.
"As a group of the best public layouts in Canada, we feel a strong responsibility to get more juniors in the game," says Steve Haggard, director of golf at Silvertip Resort. "There is no better sport that encourages parents and children to play together than golf."
Father's Day deals starting at $200 per adult per night have been posted to canadianrockiesgolf.net, for play on any Canadian Rockies Golf partner venue in Banff, Canmore, Jasper and Kananaskis Country.
In addition, each Canadian Rockies Golf course offers at least 30 percent savings to kids under 17 for locals and visitors through the summer:
• Canmore Golf & Curling Club: Complementary junior golf club rentals and golf balls are offered when playing with a parent, for a $45 junior rate any day
• The Fairmont Banff Springs: Kids play free on the Tunnel 9 course or 50% off the Stanley Thompson
• The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge: Juniors play free after 1 p.m. daily with a paying parent
• Kananaskis Country Golf Course: Children play free during twilight hours with a paying parent, and pay $65 Monday to Thursday during peak hours, saving more than 30 percent
• Silvertip Resort: Kids play free with a paying parent during twilight golf hours daily
• Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club: Child rates are 40% off adult green fees any day
Families that wish to give Dad the ultimate golf getaway can also choose from the following:
• Canadian Rockies Golf Heritage Helicopter and Golf Tour: Includes a 20-minute helicopter tour, two rounds of golf and a four-night stay, starting at $704 per person
• Pins and Fins Fly Fishing Excursion: An all-day float and wade trip with all equipment and guides is provided, plus two rounds of golf and four nights' stay, starting at $1,019 per person
• Iron Man Ultimate Buddies Trip: Take advantage of long days by playing two courses per day for four days; five nights' accommodations and eight rounds total, starting at $1,439 per person
Courses within the CRG family annually garner best-in-class awards from leading golf and travel publications, including Golf Digest, GOLF Magazine, Golfweek, SCORE Golf, Travel + Leisure, National Geographic Traveler, and others.
For more information: www.canadianrockiesgolf.net, 855.835.8484 (toll-free).
About Canadian Rockies Golf
Canadian Rockies Golf represents a collection of eight award-winning golf courses located in the stunning landscape of the Western Alberta province. They are Canmore Golf & Curling Club, The Fairmont Banff Springs, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Kananaskis Country Golf Courses, Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club and Silvertip Resort.
Known for dramatic, historic and untamed layouts, each course provides a unique mountain-golf experience where wildlife is regularly seen and unforgettable views are found.
Dan Shepherd, Buffalo Communications
Janeen Driscoll, Buffalo Communications