FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Less than two weeks remain for golfers around the world to register for the 2013 Sun Cup, Southwest Florida's premier amateur golf tournament!
The Sun Cup is set for April 29-May 3, 2013, on the best courses the golf capital of the world can offer. With a registration deadline of April 15, and a rapidly filling field of golfers from over 15 states, the 2013 Sun Cup is set to become the most talked-about amateur golf tournament in the state!
The Sun Cup is a 72-hole tournament played on some of the most exclusive courses among the 150 courses in the Southwest Florida region. Participants compete in their flight/age groups in net and gross score competition. Leaders of each flight then play a championship fifth round at Old Corkscrew, a Jack Nicklaus masterpiece, with a chance at raising the coveted Sun Cup and a share of the $10,000 in prizes!
"The Sun Cup offers a world-class experience from start to finish and regardless of how you finish," Sun Cup tournament director J.J. Scott said. "We strive every year to have our players treated like pros for a week, and the experience and memories will last a lifetime."
Not only is The Sun Cup a fantastic event, but the enjoyment isn't limited to the courses, competition and camaraderie. Each day at the 2013 Sun Cup concludes with The Sun Cup Expo at Gulf Coast Town Center featuring food, freebies and live entertainment. This is a great chance to check out the leaderboard and meet your fellow competitors, while also testing the latest golf gear and sampling some great food.
"We are thrilled to have expanded the Gulf Coast Town Center Golf Expo this year to make it bigger and better for Sun Cup players," Scott said. "The Expo brings tournament players and a companion together every night to continue the unique experience they enjoyed during the day, while continuing the 'pro-level treatment' they got that day into the night."
Spotlight businesses at Gulf Coast Town Center include Golf Galaxy, which hosts the registration and serves as the Sun Cup's official pro shop, and the World Famous Cigar Bar, which is the official bar of the Sun Cup.
Every player's Sun Cup Entry includes:
• Four rounds of golf at Southwest Florida's top-rated courses.
• For flight winners, a championship round at Old Corkscrew, Southwest Florida's flagship course by Jack Nicklaus, to determine who hoists the Sun Cup for 2013, and who gets a share of the $10,000 in prizes! (The Sun Cup adheres closely to the rules of amateurism, but awards the maximum prize to champions that the rules allow.)
• For each golfer, a bag containing all the gifts and prizes you need to show all your friends back home what a great time you had at The Sun Cup.
• For each golfer and a companion, dinner and passes each night to The Sun Cup Expo, so that you both can share the food, drinks and live entertainment experience of The Sun Cup.
• Discounted rates at several Southwest Florida hotels for the duration of The Sun Cup.
Individual entries are $550. Two golfers are $900 (a savings of $100 each). Three golfers are $1,200 (a savings of $150 each) and a foursome is just $1,400 (a savings of $200 per golfer)!
For more information and to register for The Sun Cup, visit us online at www.suncupgolfnet. Also follow us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/SunCupGolf.net and on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TheSunCup!
CONTACT INFORMATION: J.J. Scott, Sun Cup Tournament Director, 239-634-4508, firstname.lastname@example.org