CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Callaway Golf Company announces its Callaway HEX Chrome+ golf ball, a Tour performance golf ball that delivers high ball speeds for maximum distance at mid to high clubhead speeds, especially with the driver. HEX Chrome+ is Callaway's latest offering in the HEX Chrome family of balls, a version of which was already put in play on the PGA Tour last week by long-bomber Gary Woodland. This new ball's dual mantle unlocks distance by increasing speed and minimizing spin off the tee, while the soft TPU cover promotes Tour-level control and feel in this powerful 4-piece performance ball.
"HEX Chrome+ is hands down the fastest Tour Ball we've ever designed at Callaway," said Dave Bartels, Senior Director, Golf Ball R&D, Callaway Golf Company. "This new 4-piece construction has a single-piece core and dual-mantle system that were designed in unison to create more ball speed with the longer clubs without generating excessive spin, leading to longer distance.
"However, what makes the distance of this ball special is that is achieves that distance and features a soft DuraSpin cover," continued Bartels. "This urethane cover material not only has great durability, but provides exceptional 'Tour-level' control around the green that the best players in the world demand in a premium ball."
HEX Chrome+ features & benefits:
• This extremely resilient core leads to more distance over a wide range of clubs and swing speeds
• The thin inner and outer mantles work together to produce more ball speed and reduce spin for maximum distance, especially off the tee
• The soft cover promotes Tour-level control on approach shots and shots around the green
• This proprietary cover formulation uses a thermoplastic urethane (TPU) blend with excellent durability characteristics
• Callaway's refined pattern provides exceptional aerodynamic performance, reducing drag and promoting a stable, penetrating ball flight that holds its line in the wind
The Callaway HEX Chrome+ golf ball will be available for a new product introduction retail price of $35.99 (US).
For more on Callaway Golf Company, please visit www.CallawayGolf.com
About Callaway Golf
Through an unwavering commitment to innovation, Callaway Golf Company (NYSE:ELY) creates products designed to make every golfer a better golfer. Callaway Golf Company manufactures and sells golf clubs and golf balls, and sells golf accessories under the Callaway Golf® and Odyssey® brands worldwide. For more information please visit www.callawaygolf.com or shop.callawaygolf.com.
Callaway Golf Company
E | Scott.Goryl@CallawayGolf.com
Tw | @ScottGorylCG