VIENNA, Va. -- Billy Casper Golf (BCG) - the largest domestic owner-operator of golf courses, country clubs and resorts - announced 2012 award winners during its annual corporate conference last week in Tampa, FL.
Golf legend and company namesake Billy Casper, a member of the PGA and World Golf halls of fame, presented the top awards in front of more than 350 general managers, directors of golf, course superintendents, sales managers and BCG support personnel.
Royce Brook Golf Club (Hillsborough, NJ) received the highest BCG honor, "Facility of the Year," for all-around achievement in guest service, operations, course conditions and financial returns.
Dan Guinle of Royce Brook was named "General Manager of the Year" and Tom Tokarski of Butler's Golf Course (Elizabeth Township, PA) won "Superintendent of the Year."
Sanctuary Lake and Sylvan Glen, the two courses comprising Troy Golf (Troy, MI), won "Top Performer of the Year" and St. Johns Golf & Country Club (St. Augustine, FL) took home the coveted "ACE the Guest Experience Award" for superior service delivery.
Tony Cianci, Vice President of Operations for the Southeast, and Jesse Seguin, Regional Director of Agronomy for the West, were recognized for their exceptional contributions with the BCG "Chairman's Award" and "Chairman's Superintendent Award," respectively.
"We're incredibly proud of the high-performing Billy Casper Golf team nationwide," says Peter Hill, Chairman and CEO of BCG. "As we continue to cultivate talent, the awards program becomes more competitive and provides a standard of excellence for managers and superintendents portfolio-wide."
The complete list of award winners:
• Facility of the Year - Royce Brook Golf Club (Hillsborough, NJ)
• Top Performer of the Year - Troy Golf (Troy, MI)
• ACE the Guest Experience Award - St. Johns Golf & Country Club (St. Augustine, FL)
• Chairman's Award - Tony Cianci, Vice President of Operations
• Chairman's Superintendent Award - Jesse Seguin, Regional Director of Agronomy
• Nick Keefe ACE Award & Employee of the Year - Stephen Nicholson, Accounting (Vienna, VA)
• Nick Keefe ACE Award - Barbara Pacella, Accounting (Cincinnati, OH)
• Nick Keefe ACE Award - Kristen Ortiz, Accounting (Vienna, VA)
• Nick Keefe ACE Award - Tom Reilly, Human Resources (Vienna, VA)
Golf Course Operations
• General Manager of the Year - Dan Guinle, Royce Brook Golf Club (Hillsborough, NJ)
• Head Professional of the Year - Marcus Patterson, Lincoln Hills Golf Club (Lincoln, CA)
• Assistant Professional of the Year - Adam Aelker, Troy Golf (Troy, MI)
• Salesperson of the Year - Lynn Sexton and Jen Thorne, Royce Brook Golf Club (Hillsborough, NJ)
• Golf Operations Rookie of the Year - Jimmy Hall, GreenTree Golf Course (Victorville, CA)
• Most Improved Facility of the Year - Indian Boundary Golf Course (Chicago, IL)
• Food and Beverage Grille Operation of the Year - P.B. Dye Golf Club (Ijamsville, MD)
• Food and Beverage Dining Operation of the Year - 1757 Golf Club (Dulles, VA)
• Golf Retail Operation of the Year - Cincinnati Recreation Commission (Cincinnati, OH)
• Service Through Safety Award - Cranbury Golf Club (Cranbury, NJ)
Golf Course Agronomy
• Superintendent of the Year - Tom Tokarski, Butler's Golf Course (Elizabeth Township, PA)
• Assistant Superintendent of the Year - Jake Valentino, Lincoln Hills Golf Club (Lincoln, CA)
• Most Improved Golf Course of the Year - RedGate Golf Course (Rockville, MD)
• Agronomic Rookie of the Year - Jim Prucnal, Lake Monticello Golf Course (Palmyra, VA)
• Environmental Stewardship Award - Mark Murphy, General's Ridge Golf Course (Manassas Park, VA)
• Bang for the Buck Award - Bryan Kreger, Hilltop Golf Course (Plymouth Township, MI)
• Team Player of the Year - Jon Lanier, Desert Rose Golf Course (Las Vegas, NV)
About Billy Casper Golf
BCG is the largest domestic owner-operator of golf course, country clubs and resorts, with more than 140 properties under its turnkey management. Founded more than 20 years ago in cooperation with golf legend Billy Casper, the company is headquartered in Vienna, VA with regional offices strategically convenient to courses' locales.
A division of BCG, Buffalo Communications is the leading global golf-lifestyle public relations, branding, marketing-communications, graphics and strategic services firm representing the LPGA, PGA National Resort & Spa, Sea Pines Resort, Ballybunion Golf Club (Ireland), Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday, Sun Valley Resort, Mission Hills Resort (China), Fila Golf, ECCO, Club Glove and other top brands.
For more information: www.billycaspergolf.com, www.buffalocommunications.com, 703.761.1444.
Billy Casper Golf / Buffalo Communications