HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. -- Need a good reason to pack up your favorite foursome and visit Hilton Head Island's Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort this spring? Well, other than the fact that Golf Digest just named Hilton Head Island among America's Top 10 Best Buddies Golf Trips destinations, here are four other reasons for you to consider:
1. Great Location: The largest barrier island off the Atlantic coast between Long Island and the Bahamas, Hilton Head Island luxuriously rests along the Intracoastal Waterway conveniently located 40 miles north of Savannah, Ga., and 90 miles south of Charleston, S.C. One of America's finest resort Meccas from the second half of the 20th century until today, this enchanting haven is made all the more appealing are its unspoiled sea marshes, creeks and lagoons, and 12 miles of broad Atlantic beach.
2. Great weather: Hilton Head Island encompasses 42 square miles of semi-tropical, Lowcountry geography warmed by the Gulf Stream and framed by palm trees, live oaks and rolling dunes. Springtime blooms early and falls leaves late in Hilton Head's perennial climate. There are days in the middle of December that edge up to the high 70s and low 80s. Even the months between November and February — when the average high temperature on Hilton Head is 62.5 degrees — are among the most popular times of the year for locals and savvy out-of-towners.
3. Great courses: Golfers from around the world have recognized the superior facilities at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, showcased by its sterling trio of world-class golf courses designed by legends of the industry: The renowned Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course; the Arthur Hills Course, where collegiate stars like Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson honed their talents; and the George Fazio Course, designed by George Fazio with construction work headed by his nephew, famed architect Tom Fazio. Each of these outstanding layouts has been named South Carolina Golf Course of the Year and is rated four stars or better by Fodor's Golf Digest Places to Play.
Always striving to remain ahead of the golf industry curve, Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort has created a golf app for a golfer's smartphone that will answer questions in real time such as: "What's the best way to play this hole? How will I ever get around that sand trap?" Or perhaps, "I'm getting hungry. Wonder where can I get lunch or a cold drink after I get this hole-in-one?" Golfers can keep track of yardage with the app's built-in GPS and enter their score into a mobile scorecard that also allows them to engage in live competition with others in their group. Golfers also use the app to check information about each hole on each course (par, handicap and playing tips), and when you make that hole-in-one, the app makes it easy to brag about it on Facebook.
4. Great Deals: The best Hilton Head Island has to offer is all at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Golf, beach, restaurants, accommodations, bars, amenities and incredible golf deals: Stay there, play there ... or stay AND play there ... you get more for your money at Palmetto Dunes. Act now to take advantage of these offers:
STAY & PLAY PACKAGE
• 4 days / 3 nights in a resort view villa.
• Two rounds of championship golf.
• Includes free tennis, resort dining & merchandise discounts.
• Two rounds starting from $129 per person, per night — Call 877-601-4322 for reservations.
*Above rates valid February 2 - March 5, 2013. Rates will vary seasonally and some restrictions may apply. Price includes all taxes & resort, green & cart fees. Subject to availability. Package cannot be combined with any other offers. Three round packages available.
MULTI-ROUND GOLF SPECIALS
• Play two or three rounds of golf.
• Choose between three courses: Jones, Hills & Fazio — Call 877-601-4322 for multi-round rates.
GROUP GOLF GETAWAY
• 4 days / 3 nights in a resort villa with three rounds of golf on your choice of three courses.
• Includes complimentary range balls & yardage books & on-site group coordinator.
• Starting from $399 per person, per night for groups for 12 or more players.
*Valid Now - March 13, 2013.
Ask about fourth round free and group leader plays free. Call 866-306-4330 or visit www.PalmettoDunes.com for information.
About Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is a 2,000-acre resort destination located in the middle of Hilton Head Island, S.C., bounded by 3 miles of Atlantic Ocean beach on one side and a sheltered Intracoastal Waterway marina on the other. The resort features three world-class golf courses, an award-winning tennis center, an 11-mile inland salt-water lagoon system for kayaking and fishing, and Hilton Head Outfitters for bike rentals, canoes, kayaks, fishing and much more. The Mediterranean-style Shelter Cove Harbour deep-water marina, located right across from Palmetto Dunes, features waterfront shopping and dining and a wide variety of charters, including nature cruises, dolphin tours, sport crabbing and fishing. For information about activities or reservations, please call 877-567-6513 or visit www.PalmettoDunes.com.
About Greenwood Communities & Resorts
Based in Greenwood, S.C., Greenwood Communities & Resorts has been a leader in the creation and management of award-winning residential and resort communities in the southeastern United States since 1978. Beginning with the award-winning Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort on Hilton Head Island, S.C., and now including communities like The Reserve at Lake Keowee, Big Canoe near Atlanta and The Ponds in Charleston, Greenwood's mission has always been to create memorable places that foster meaningful and fulfilling lives. For more information, please call 843-785-1106 or visit www.GreenwoodCR.com.
Martin Armes, 919-608-7260, email@example.com