PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- PGA National Resort & Spa - home of the PGA TOUR Honda Classic, five resort and championship level golf courses and world-class amenities - unveils new luxurious, customized suites as highlights of its recent $100 million revitalization.
In addition to the floor-to-ceiling makeover of its 379 guest rooms, the individually-themed "specialty" accommodations, designed by Boston's award-winning CBT Architects (www.cbtarchitects.com), are ideal for weddings, honeymoons, spa aficionados, golf buddy trips, football "big game" weekends and group getaways. Guests will discover spacious high-tech living areas with stunning property views from a private terrace or balcony and creature comforts galore.
• One-bedroom "Media Rooms" take the "Man Cave" concept to a sophisticated level and are perfect for fun golf buddy trips and "big game" football weekends. Crystal-clear large screen HD TVs, rich chocolate countertops, glass tiles and comfortable wrap-around sofas all make for the ultimate media experience while lounging in 21st century style.
• The "Bridal Spa" suites include soothing champagne colors, deeply rich wool carpeting and distinctive, elegant furnishings all making for a chic amorous motif. Limestone bathroom walls, a relaxing, large soaking tub and walk-in shower complete the décor and make for an extraordinary romantic retreat.
• Two elegant "Spa Suites" feature soothing ocean or rich earthen tones, luxurious king-size beds, spacious living area with sofa and comfortable side chairs, and large soaking tubs and walk-in showers. A second door from the bathroom leads to a private spa area complete with a professional massage table. In-room massages and facials are available on request.
"The specialty suites we designed for PGA National were inspired by the distinctive, exotic colors showcased by the resort's connection to its mesmerizing landscape," says Jacqueline McGee, associate principal of CBT Architects. "The soft blues of Floridian skies, shimmering reflections from its magnificent lake and rich earth tones of the lush area vegetation provided the décor palette for the spa, bridal and media suites."
"Our individually-themed suites showcase the lavish attention to detail we provide our guests," says Joel Paige, vice president and managing director. "CBT Architects did a wonderful job creating our specialized accommodations for honeymooners, spa lovers, sports fanatics, business retreats and golf groups to have the ultimate South Florida resort experience."
For more information about PGA National visit www.pgaresort.com or call (800) 533.9386.
About PGA National Resort & Spa
PGA National Resort & Spa is a premier golf, vacation and meeting destination. The South Florida locale offers 90 holes of championship golf on five courses, including the famed Champion course, home to the PGA TOUR Honda Classic and past host of the Ryder Cup, PGA Championship and a litany of other prized professional golf tournaments.
Other distinguishing features include a world-class 33,000 square-foot health-and-racquet club with 19 Har Tru tennis courts, 40,000 square feet of self-contained conference space and nine on-site restaurants and lounges.
PGA National Resort & Spa's myriad accolades include:
• AAA--Four Diamond Resort (2011)
• Golfweek -- Best You Can Play State by State (No. 5, 2012)
• Golfweek -- Best Tour Courses You Can Play (No. 28, 2011)
• Golfing Magazine - "World's Top 5 Multi-Course Venues" (2011)
• About.com -- "No. 1 Golf Resort in Florida" (2011)
• GOLF Magazine -- Top 100 Premier Resorts -- Silver Award Winner (2011)
• GOLF Magazine -- Premier Resorts Green Award Winner (2011)
• Golf World -- Top 50 Resorts (2010)
• Successful Meetings -- Pinnacle Award Winner (2011)
• The Knot -- Best of Weddings (2012)
Conveniently located within easy driving distances of major Florida population centers, the AAA Four Diamond resort is a 15-minute drive from Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), one hour from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and 90 minutes from Miami International Airport (MIA).