PAPHOS, Cyprus -- Elea Estate in Cyprus, home to Sir Nick Faldo's highly acclaimed 18-hole Elea Golf Club, has announced the appointment of Richard Browning to the newly created role of Resort General Manager.
As a senior executive with 20 years' operational experience in golf, leisure and real estate, Richard joins Elea Estate as the development celebrates its second birthday and continues to receive critical acclaim for its signature golf course, residential plans and food and beverage operation.
Since opening in October 2010, Elea Estate and its Sir Nick Faldo-designed golf course, has been awarded numerous accolades, including:
• Best golf development in Europe 2011 at the International Property Awards
• Best leisure development in Europe 2011 at the International Property Awards
• Listed in the 'Top 10 new international golf courses of 2010' by Golf Magazine, USA
• Recognised as 'one of the world's most exciting new courses' by Golf World Magazine
• Crowned 'No.1 golf course in Cyprus' by ratings website, top100golfcourses.co.uk
• Overseas Property Professional 'Gold Award' 2012 - Best luxury developer
• Overseas Property Professional 'Bronze Award' 2012 - Best European developer
• Short-listed in the 'Time Out Eating Awards 2012'.
Richard, who starts his role immediately, said: "In a very short period of time Elea Estate has established itself as one of the up-and-coming golf communities in Europe and I'm very much looking forward to playing a significant part in guiding Elea Estate to even greater successes.
"The golf operation has received numerous accolades over the past two years and now, with the construction of the first phase of Elea Residences underway, this too is attracting attention from visitors, potential buyers and investors ... and already winning awards!"
Richard was previously CEO at Palm Cay, Nassau in the Bahamas, where he had operational responsibility for the $300 million property development that included the day-to-day management of a marina club and its facilities, residential housing, retail and rental pool. Richard's previous appointments include CEO of Riffa Views Signature Estates and Royal Golf Club in Bahrain, and Development/Resort Director at Oubaai Golf Resort in South Africa.
Commenting on Richard's appointment, Zenon Eliades, Chairman and CEO of Elea Estate, said: "Richard joins us with a proven track record of delivering and maintaining high quality branded products, whilst achieving profitable returns on investment and excellent operational results.
"He has a wealth of knowledge in the residential golf and leisure resort sector and has in-depth stakeholder, member and community relations experience gleaned from working in a variety of regions across the world."
Elea Estate has been developed by S. Z. Eliades Leisure, a consortium of five shareholders (The Eliades Group, CCA, GCC, The Louis Group and Demetra Investments) which collectively has vast experience in construction, hotel and leisure resort management in Cyprus, Europe and the Middle East.
For further information about Elea Estate visit the website, www.eleaestate.com, or telephone +357 26 202001 (main switchboard).
• Press release issued by Landmark Media International, on behalf of Elea Estate.
John McKenzie, Landmark Media International
Tel: +44 (0) 1780 752790