PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- PGA National Resort & Spa - home of the PGA TOUR Honda Classic, five outstanding golf courses and world-class amenities - announces the reveal of its $100 million comprehensive revitalization.
The stunning unveiling features myriad enhancements to the legendary South Florida destination:
• A floor-to-ceiling makeover of its 379 guest rooms featuring stylish bedding, headboards, wall coverings and carpet; spacious, modern work desks with multiple plug-in options; atmospheric lighting; and elegant furnishings. Suite bathrooms have walk-in showers. State-of-the-art, high-definition, 42-inch flat-panel televisions have been installed.
• Guest room corridors showcase eye-catching carpeting; tastefully subdued lighting; and distinctive artwork and wall treatments.
• The Lakeside Lawn - a new permanent venue created due to increased popularity of its outdoor wedding settings. It offers a stunning vista of the tranquil lake and panoramic view of PGA National's golf courses.
• "Bar 91" - a complete renovation of its 19th hole bar and grill - presents the latest in clubhouse furnishings, high-definition televisions and expanded outdoor dining surveying one of the great vistas in golf. The new kitchen offers a redesigned menu ideal for après golf and casual dining.
• "The Fazio Course" - a complete Tom Fazio II remodel of "The Haig" - PGA National's original 18-hole course designed by his uncles had its grand opening on Nov. 2.
• "Palm Terrace" - a full remake of its Citrus Tree Café - continues the renowned breakfast buffet of its predecessor and is now additionally available as a poolside location for evening events.
• The refreshed 40,000 square-foot European Spa with 32 treatment areas and the exclusive "Waters of the World" outdoor mineral pools now fully complements the motif of the resort's fashionably cool, hip décor.
These renovations follow previous substantial revitalization to PGA National's member / guest clubhouse, golf courses, spa, health and racquet club, conference and meeting space, striking zero-entry pool, chef-driven Ironwood Steak & Seafood restaurant and chic iBAR in its glamorous lobby.
"The unveiling of our $100 million investment showcases our total commitment to sit at the pinnacle of the world's elite golf, resort and meeting destinations," says Joel Paige, vice president and managing director. "Whether seeking an idyllic wedding, successful conference, supreme golf experience or a getaway to long savor we have all the ingredients needed and more."
"Few destinations in the world offer as wide a range of incomparable amenities as PGA National," says Frank Calaguire, principal of SCS Advisors - owner / operating partners of PGA National Resort & Spa. "Through our timely investment, we're now fully poised to continue offering an unparalleled South Florida experience for our guests and members."
For more information about PGA National visit www.pgaresort.com or call (800) 533.9386.
About PGA National Resort & Spa
PGA National Resort & Spa is a premier golf, vacation and meeting destination. The South Florida locale offers 90 holes of championship golf on five courses, including the famed Champion course, home to the PGA TOUR Honda Classic and past host of the Ryder Cup, PGA Championship and a litany of other prized professional golf tournaments.
Other distinguishing features include a world-class 33,000 square-foot health-and-racquet club with 19 Har Tru tennis courts, 40,000 square feet of self-contained conference space and nine on-site restaurants and lounges.
PGA National Resort & Spa's myriad accolades include:
• AAA--Four Diamond Resort (2011)
• Golfweek -- Best You Can Play State by State (No. 5, 2012)
• Golfweek -- Best Tour Courses You Can Play (No. 28, 2011)
• Golfing Magazine - "World's Top 5 Multi-Course Venues" (2011)
• About.com -- "No. 1 Golf Resort in Florida" (2011)
• GOLF Magazine -- Top 100 Premier Resorts -- Silver Award Winner (2011)
• GOLF Magazine -- Premier Resorts Green Award Winner (2011)
• Golf World -- Top 50 Resorts (2010)
• Successful Meetings -- Pinnacle Award Winner (2011)
• The Knot -- Best of Weddings (2012)
Conveniently located within easy driving distances of major Florida population centers, the AAA Four Diamond resort is a 15-minute drive from Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), one hour from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and 90 minutes from Miami International Airport (MIA).