PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- Four hundred PGA Professionals, representing 41 nationwide Sections, are anticipated to gather Nov. 8-10, in Baltimore for the 96th PGA Annual Meeting. Delegates will elect new officers, and bring into focus the many ways that the Association and industry are transforming the sport of golf to further empower PGA Professionals so they can grow the game.
The Annual Meeting, which carries the theme "Transform. Empower. Engage." will be conducted at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore on the Inner Harbor.
The PGA Annual Meeting features:
* Election of new officers, with current PGA Vice President Ted Bishop of Franklin, Ind., expected to be elected the 38th President by acclimation, while current PGA Secretary Derek Sprague of Malone, N.Y., is expected to become PGA vice president by acclimation. Current PGA President Allen Wronowski of Phoenix, Md., will become PGA honorary president.
* Seven candidates will vie for the PGA Secretary post:
o Ray Cutright - District 13, PGA Director of Golf, Idle Hour Club, Macon, Ga.
o Sue Fiscoe - District 11, Owner of FM Golf and FM Golf & Associates Consulting, Modesto, Calif.
o Randy Hunt - District 7, PGA General Manager/COO, Milburn Golf & Country Club, Overland Park, Kan.
o Brent Krause - District 3, PGA General Manager/Director of Golf, Wynlakes Golf & Country Club, Montgomery, Ala.
o Paul Levy - District 11, President of Club Operations and Development for Sunrise Company and CEO at Toscana Country Club, Indian Wells, Calif.
o David Mocini - District 5, Vice President of Golf Operations and Player Development, Charlevoix Golf & Country Club, Charlevoix, Mich.
o Ralph Salito - District 1, PGA Head Professional, The Club at River Oaks, Sherman, Conn.
* Six new Board members will be sworn in:
o District 3 Director: Bud Rousey, M J Golf, Inc., Pensacola, Fla. (Dixie, Gulf States, Tennessee)
o District 6 Director: James Richerson, PGA General Manager, Whistling Straits Golf Club, Kohler, Wis. (Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin)
o District 7 Director: Bob Philbrick, PGA General Manager, Quail Creek Golf & CC, Oklahoma City, Okla. (Gateway, Midwest, South Central)
o District 11 Director: Bill Hulbert, PGA Director of Instruction, Green River Golf Club, Yorba Linda, Calif. (Aloha, Northern California, Southern California)
o District 12 Director: Daniel Koesters, PGA Director of Golf, New Mexico State University Golf Course, Las Cruces, N.M. (Northern Texas, Sun Country, Southern Texas)
o Independent Director - (To be announced)
* John Kennedy Jr., PGA head professional at Westchester Country Club in Rye, N.Y., will receive the fourth annual Patriot Award, honoring a PGA Professional who personifies patriotism through the game of golf and demonstrates unwavering commitment and dedication.
* The New Jersey PGA Section will receive the Herb Graffis Award for extraordinary and exemplary contributions in Player Development whether by conducting or supporting Play Golf America initiatives.
About The PGA of America
Since its founding in 1916, The PGA of America has maintained a twofold mission: to establish and elevate the standards of the profession and to grow interest and participation in the game of golf. By establishing and elevating the standards of the golf profession through world-class education, career services, marketing and research programs, The PGA enables its professionals to maximize their performance in their respective career paths and showcases them as experts in the game and in the multi-billion dollar golf industry. By creating and delivering world-class championships and innovative programs, The PGA of America elevates the public's interest in the game, the desire to play more golf, and ensures accessibility to the game for everyone, everywhere. As The PGA nears its centennial, the PGA brand represents the very best in golf.