Danish brand ECCO - a leading global manufacturer of innovative footwear - has expanded its evolutionary BIOM Hybrid collection to include new colors and upper patterns for 2013.
Golf's first and only performance hybrid model, BIOM Hybrid was famously worn in competition throughout 2012 by Fred Couples, including his Senior Open Championship win at Turnberry. Combining patented ECCO Natural Motion and Golf Street outsole technologies, it pairs the body's system for absorbing impact with a non-cleated shoe bottom that provides superior durability, comfort, traction and stability on or off the golf course.
"With no exaggeration, BIOM Hybrid presents a footwear experience that's unlike anything else the walking golfer has ever experienced," says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. "The difference is huge and immediately noticeable, which is why this style has been such a massive global success."
Initially developed for the premium running market, Natural Motion technology relies on a completely anatomical last developed by scanning the feet of 2,500 athletes. It provides exceptional insole support and encourages players to land more toward the mid-foot than heel.
Additional features of the ultra-lightweight BIOM Hybrid include:
• ECCO dynamic traction system (E-dts) - The original hybrid outsole is patent-protected and remains golf's most durable, versatile and stable
• Extremely Low Profile - Brings a golfer's weight closer to the playing surface for unmatched stability, ground feel, traction and swing power
• Direct Injection - A process unique to ECCO in the golf industry provides superior cushioning, stability and comfort via a one-piece shoe that's built without glue or stitching
• Superior Durability & Weather Resistance - Naturally soft, smooth, breathable and strong Tibetan Yak leather uppers are treated with Hydromax™ for superb weather protection
• Climate Control - Triple-component ECCO Comfort Fiber System insole guarantees a cool, dry shoe interior
Along with other styles from the 2013 ECCO men's golf collection, BIOM Hybrid will be worn in competition by Fred Couples, Graeme McDowell, Thomas Bjorn, Thongchai Jaidee, Stuart Appleby, Bradley Dredge, Andreas Hartø, JB Hansen and scores of other Tour stars worldwide.
The only major shoe manufacturer to own and manage every step of the shoemaking process - from leather production through its own shoe factories all the way to its stores - ECCO adheres to the design philosophy that "the shoe must follow the foot." This approach allows the company to craft footwear that combines style and comfort with uncompromising quality and innovative technology. A leading global brand, ECCO was founded in 1963 by Karl Toosbuy and remains family owned. Headquartered in the Danish towns of Bredebro and Tønder, the ECCO footwear group employs nearly 20,000 people worldwide. Its products can be found in 4,000 branded sales locations in more than 90 countries.
ECCO USA is based in Londonderry, New Hampshire. For more information: www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226.