One of Scotland's most celebrated country house hotels has confirmed its attendance at this year's International Golf Travel Market which is being held from 12-15 November in the Algarve, Portugal. Meldrum House Country Hotel, which was named Scotland's best country house hotel by leading tourism trade body Golf Tourism Scotland at its Gold Standard Awards last year, will have a presence on VisitScotland's stand (530) throughout the week.
The announcement follows an extraordinary year for the hotel during which it was awarded four-star gold status by VisitScotland; an honour reserved for accommodation providers that excel in customer care, hospitality and staff development. Meldrum House also hosted The Northern Open for the third consecutive year and received a hat-trick of accolades at the Scottish hotels awards. Indeed with the official opening of the near-by Trump International Golf Links this summer, 2012 has been a year to remember for the award-winning hotel.
"It has been an incredible 12 months," admitted the hotel's head of operations and development Andy Burgess. "It started last November with the GTS award which was quickly followed by our four-star gold status from VisitScotland. Add to that the increased attention Donald Trump's new course has brought to the area and confirmation that the Scottish Open will come to Aberdeen in 2014, and you can see the north-east of Scotland is booming. We certainly hope to finish it in style at IGTM, which should be a fantastic show."
In recent years, Meldrum House has completed an ambitious expansion plan that included a £2.5 million redevelopment of a wing of contemporary rooms, the opening of a multi-purpose conference facility and the establishment of a state-of-the-art green-keeping centre. The 18-hole, 7,010-yard championship course has also seen changes with further improvements being made to playing surfaces and conditioning. The most recent work has included rebuilding a number of bunkers and improving drainage across the site.
Located just 15 miles from Trump International and a host of other top-quality courses, including Cruden Bay, Murcar Links and Royal Aberdeen, Meldrum House is ideally located for a golfing break to the north-east of Scotland. With direct flights from across Europe and a world-class golf practice facility, it's easy to see why Meldrum House has become one of Scotland's most prized country house hotels.
1) Meldrum House Country Hotel and Golf Course is renowned as one of the finest golf clubs in Scotland with its practice facilities and magnificent course situated in secluded grounds adjacent to the Aberdeenshire town of Oldmeldrum.
2) It includes an 18-hole private members golf course, extensive golf academy, 27 hotel bedrooms all of individual character, two conference suites, a marquee that holds weddings and corporate events, unique whisky bar and an award-winning restaurant.
3) Meldrum House was recently awarded a Four-Star rating by VisitScotland as well as an EatScotland Silver Award and a coveted Taste of Grampian Award. It also went through a £2.5 million redevelopment plan which introduced a new conference facility and a wing of stylish, contemporary rooms.
4) The Northern Open was first played at Royal Aberdeen in 1931 and is one of the oldest professional golf championships in Scotland.
5) For more information, please visit www.meldrumhouse.com
Yvonne Alexander, The Word Association
Office: +44 (0)1337 858 807
Out of hours: +44 (0) 7976 369 260