PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- The PGA Education Conference has been transformed into a multi-dimensional program to provide unprecedented professional development opportunities in a variety of learning environments during the 60th PGA Merchandise Show, Jan. 23-26, 2013, in Orlando, Fla. The 2013 conference will offer new outdoor instructional workshops, a new Fast Track Program and a realigned PGA Education Conference.
"As we celebrate the long-standing traditions of the PGA Merchandise Show during its 60th Anniversary, we're also pleased to introduce a completely new approach to educational opportunities," said Dawes Marlatt, PGA director of education. "We've streamlined the content into three core tracks offered in a variety of time and classroom settings to provide flexible access to the very best in education from proven professionals and industry stakeholders. Each setting will provide knowledge, insights and best practices that can be implemented immediately to advance careers and the business of golf."
Registration and programming details are now available at www.pgashow.com. Savings on pricing for program packages, plus early registration through Dec. 3, 2012, are available.
Instructional Workshops at the PGA Show Outdoor Demo Day
Three of the industry's leading golf instructors, Hank Haney, Michael Breed and Mike Malaska, will provide insight into becoming a world class teacher, instructor, and coach to today's golfers. Hands-on skill instruction will be provided in two three-hour sessions at the teaching pavilion of the Orange County National Golf Center, on Wednesday, Jan. 23, during the PGA Show Outdoor Demo Day. PGA Professionals receive 3 PGA Education MSR Credits per session. Registration is first come, first served due to a limited capacity venue.
Session 1 ~ 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
9:30-10:30 a.m. / Hank Haney
10:45-11:45 a.m. / Mike Maleska
12:00-1:00 p.m. / Michael Breed
Session 2 ~ 1:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
1:30-2:30 p.m. / Michael Breed
2:45-3:45 p.m. / Hank Haney
4:00-5:00 p.m. / Mike Maleska
Fast Track Program
The new PGA Merchandise Show Fast Track Program is a condensed, high-energy, time-efficient educational opportunity for attendees to hear directly from top industry employers, golf executives and PGA of America leadership who will provide critical information on current industry conditions, golf business trends and career planning. The Fast Track Program will be offered on Friday, Jan. 25, 8:00-11:00 a.m. in the Orange County Convention Center.
Fast Track Program participants will receive a USB of key reference material presented during the program and three newsletters in the year following the program with updated industry data. Fast Track Program topics include:
* Golf market assessment and future trends - presented by The PGA of America and leading market research groups
* Professional skill development and employment opportunities - presented by top golf industry employers
* Strategic career opportunities, professional advancement, employment case studies - presented by The PGA of America, top employers and business leaders
PGA Professionals will receive 3 PGA Education MSR Credits upon completion of the course. Registration is first come, first served due to a limited capacity venue.
PGA Education Conference
The traditional PGA Merchandise Show Education Conference is streamlined for PGA Professionals and industry leaders to focus on three core subject matters - instruction, leadership and player development - and will be presented by the industry's foremost experts on Thursday, Jan. 24, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., and Friday, Jan. 25, 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., at the Orange County Convention Center. PGA Professionals receive 1 PGA Education MSR Credit per completed seminar.
In-depth 60-minute seminars will be presented by proven leaders and industry stakeholders focusing on:
* Player Development - Seminars will focus on current and new player development programs to attract more people of all ages to learn the game; to assist current golfers in meeting their personal performance desires: to build community relationships that share the welcoming, enjoyable, affordable and flexible options to play the game. Multiple player development seminars will be presented each day including:
1. Better Know Your Customers, Amplify Your Revenue with Social Marketing ~ Richard Brasser, PGA
2. Creating Five-Star Customer Service, How Well Are Your Customers Treated? ~ Cary Cavitt, PGA
* Instruction - Seminars will focus on strategies and tactics to provide instructional programs that are front-end evaluated for physical, emotional, and social goals of the customer; examine new instructional and coaching strategies for all types of learners and players; and review successful marketing and communication tactics. Multiple instruction seminars will be presented each day including:
1. PGA Sports Academy Building Blocks ~ Bob Baldassari, PGA
2. Peak Performance Practice for Skill Development ~ Lynn Marriott, PGA, and Pia Nilsson, Vision 54
* Leadership - Seminars will focus on how to influence the facility team for gaining trust and inspiring the welcoming environment; creating an environment of "being" not just "doing" for a "life system" that attracts participation; becoming a calibrator of responsibility and accountability that embodies simplicity yet sophistication. Multiple leadership seminars will be presented each day including:
1. Environmental Issues: "A Green Initiative" ~ Bill Hughes, PGA
2. The Motivation Factor: Understanding What Drives the Golfer and Your Staff to Increase Business ~ Rick Sessinghaus, PGA
Education Conference Registration
Early bird pricing for early registration is available through Dec. 3, 2012. Additional savings are available for packaging multiple Education Conference programs. Pricing details and online registration is available at pgashow.com.
About the 60th PGA Merchandise Show
The 60th PGA Merchandise Show, held Jan. 24-26, 2013, in Orlando, Fla., will welcome some 1,000 top golf companies and brands and more than 40,000 industry professionals from around the world to the industry's annual global summit for the business of golf. The PGA Show Outdoor Demo Day, the world's largest professional golf testing event, will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 23, at the Orange County National Golf Center. During Show days, PGA Professionals, retailers and industry leaders will uncover the latest trends, source the newest golf merchandise, test the latest equipment, learn proven business best practices, network among peers and move forward the business of the game. Organized in partnership with The PGA of America as a trade-only event, the 2013 PGA Merchandise Show will be held in the Orange County Convention Center ~ 8:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. on Jan. 24-25; and 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. on Jan. 26. For more information, visit pgashow.com.
PGA Merchandise Show: Sherry Major, (716) 662-3855, firstname.lastname@example.org
PGA of America: Jamie Carbone, (561) 624-8446, email@example.com