PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Twenty-three graduates, representing 16 states, comprised the most recent class to advance through the PGA Professional Golf Management Program. The graduates were honored in ceremonies conducted Oct. 19, at the PGA Education Center in Port St. Lucie, Fla.
The PGA Professional Golf Management program, which originated in 1996, has produced 9,348 graduates. Of that total, the PGA Education Center in Port St. Lucie has produced graduates since 2002 representing 50 states, Canada, The District of Columbia, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Puerto Rico, South Korea, Spain, The Netherlands, and the Virgin Islands.
Since its founding in 1916, The PGA of America has maintained a twofold mission: to establish and elevate the standards of the profession and to grow interest and participation in the game of golf. By establishing and elevating the standards of the golf profession through world-class education, career services, marketing and research programs, The PGA enables its professionals to maximize their performance in their respective career paths and showcases them as experts in the game and in the multi-billion dollar golf industry. By creating and delivering world-class championships and innovative programs, The PGA of America elevates the public's interest in the game, the desire to play more golf, and ensures accessibility to the game for everyone, everywhere. As The PGA nears its centennial, the PGA brand represents the very best in golf.
The PGA Professional Golf Management graduates of Oct. 19:
1. Matthew R. Brooks - Queen Creek, Ariz.
2. Matthew J. Darnell - Cornelius, N.C.
3. Christopher J. Dimmitt - Romeoville, Ill.
4. Scott A. Fenderson - Maumelle, Ark.
5. Brian R. Hart - Fort Myers, Fla.
6. Lee Kagawa - Kailua Kona, Hawaii
7. John P. Kelly - Moline, Ill.
8. Christopher D. Mapalo - Woodland, Calif.
9. William J. McSparron - West Chester, Ohio
10. Brandon J. Mendes - Munford, Tenn.
11. Clayton R. Moe - Bend, Ore.
12. Rikiya Nagakura - Canton, Mich.
13. Amber R. Pasel - Indianapolis, Ind.
14. Duncan J. Setchell - Cincinnati, Ohio
15. Cody L. Shining - La Quinta, Calif.
16. Jeffrey S. Simon - Oceanside, Calif.
17. Jeffrey W. St. John - Rochester, N.Y.
18. James M. Turner - Amherst, N.H.
19. Robert E. VanAuken - Glenville, N.Y.
20. Andrew D. Vertacnik - Cape Coral, Fla.
21. E. Joey Wancewicz Jr. - Lafayette, La.
22. Benjamin R. Weir - Mesa, Ariz.
23. Patrick J. Zamora - Rosemead, Calif.