ATLANTA -- On average, Americans spend approximately 90 percent of their time indoors, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). With school out and summer break in full swing, Canongate Golf, the southeast's leading private golf club network, announced its "Play" initiative to encourage Georgians to spend more time on the links.
The company's Play platform is designed to look beyond the sport and showcase the value players can experience during a round of golf, including spending quality time with friends and family, improving health and stepping away from the office to enjoy fresh air. In an effort to make it easier for local residents to get outdoors and on the course, Canongate has introduced a number of programs that meet a variety of needs and budgets. Examples of the Play programs include Kids Play Free, Sundown Rates, Inside the Perimeter memberships, Instructional memberships, Multiple Course opportunities, Access Advantage and Social Benefits - additional information on all of these programs can be found below.
"At Canongate, we believe that golf can truly have a positive impact on the quality of life and have seen its effects firsthand through our members," said Joe Guerra, president and CEO of Canongate Golf. "We have challenged ourselves to create an array of programs and packages that make the sport more accessible and enjoyable for the entire family."
Free 1-Year Membership Giveaway
To commemorate the launch of the Play program, Canongate is hosting a contest for Georgia-based residents to give away a 1-year membership to one of its 23 private golf clubs in Metro-Atlanta. To enter, interested participants must submit a video or short essay, 300 words or less, that explains why they deserve a free membership and how they feel it could improve the quality of their life. The contest will run from June 11, 2012 through July 22, 2012. For contest rules and to enter to win, visit www.canongategolf.com/play.
• Kids Play Free - Children and grandchildren of members, 15 years old and younger, can play for free if walking or for $5 if riding in a cart.
• Sundown Rates - Members can enjoy a round of golf for $5 - $9 during Sundown times. Guests can also take advantage of the discount by playing for $18, including required cart.
• Inside the Perimeter memberships - Residents living inside the perimeter in Atlanta can enjoy the benefits of a Canongate membership for low monthly dues.
• Instructional memberships - Golfers of all skill levels have access to private lessons for as low as $10 with the Performance Center Membership.
• Get Golf Ready - Affordable golf packages for juniors, ladies and men that offers five group golf lessons for only $99. The series of five weekly 60-minutes sessions runs through October.
• Multiple Course opportunities - With a Canongate Golf Club membership, you automatically become a member at all of the company's 23 golf courses in Georgia, as well as its properties in Texas, Colorado and South Carolina.
• Access Advantage - Canongate members can take advantage of the company's concierge service that offers exclusive discounts at local businesses, entertainment venues, travel destinations and more.
• Social Benefits - Designed for families interested in taking advantage of all of the great social benefits of a private golf club membership, without having to learn to play golf. Canongate Social membership includes access to the Clubhouse, kid's activities as well as enjoying the pool and tennis courts.
Canongate Golf Clubs is a unique community of golf clubs consisting of 23 private clubs in the metro-Atlanta area, five in Houston and two in the Denver area. For more than 45 years, Canongate has provided the ultimate in golf variety and value. Canongate members now have access to 23 different clubs, with 26 championship courses available for their enjoyment.
For more information about Canongate Golf Clubs, visit www.canongategolf.com. To follow Canongate Golf on Twitter visit www.twitter.com/canongategolf and go to www.facebook.com/canongategolf to become a fan on Facebook.