PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- PGA National Resort & Spa - home of the PGA Tour Honda Classic - is offering its NFL "Fantasy Draft Weekend 2012" Aug. 24 - 25.
The getaway weekend at the legendary South Florida destination features a celebrity draft panel; fantasy football experts with Q&A session; and live team draft. The package starts at $299 (per person, double occupancy) and also includes:
• Two nights' deluxe accommodations
• Friday welcome reception and cocktail party
• Saturday golf scramble with boxed lunch
• Live draft war rooms with beer, wings and pizza
"PGA National is the ideal destination to conclave in style and gear up for the new fantasy football season," says Joel Paige, vice president and managing director. "This is now a billion plus dollar industry and our draft weekend offers everything needed for an experience to take you all the way to the Super Bowl: NFL experts, fun in our lively watering holes, and, of course, our championship golf."
Additionally, the first 100 reservations will receive an EA Sports Masters Edition Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 for PS3 or XBOX 360 provided by EA Sports. PGA National's Champion Course - where Rory McIlory withstood a final round challenge from Woods to win the 2012 Honda Classic ¬- joins elite courses including Augusta National, Pebble Beach and St. Andrews in the world's number one selling golf video game franchise.
PGA National is also home to four other championship layouts. It also has the unique distinction of being home to both the David Leadbetter Golf Academy and Dave Pelz Scoring Game School, along with offering a tour level fitting experience at the PGA National Club Fitting Lab.
For more information about the "Fantasy Draft Weekend 2012," or to make reservations, visit www.pgaresort.com, or call (800) 533.9386. Taxes and resort fees are extra.
About PGA National Resort & Spa
PGA National Resort & Spa is a premier golf, vacation and meeting destination. The South Florida locale offers 90 holes of championship golf on five courses, including the famed Champion course, home to the PGA TOUR Honda Classic and past host of the Ryder Cup, PGA Championship and a litany of other prized professional golf tournaments.
Other distinguishing features include a world-class 33,000 square-foot health-and-racquet club with 19 Har Tru tennis courts, 40,000 square feet of self-contained conference space and nine on-site restaurants and lounges.
PGA National Resort & Spa's myriad accolades include:
• AAA--Four Diamond Resort (2011)
• Golfweek -- Best You Can Play State by State (No. 5, 2012)
• Golfweek -- Best Tour Courses You Can Play (No. 28, 2011)
• Golfing Magazine - "World's Top 5 Multi-Course Venues" (2011)
• About.com -- "No. 1 Golf Resort in Florida" (2011)
• GOLF Magazine -- Top 100 Premier Resorts -- Silver Award Winner (2011)
• GOLF Magazine -- Premier Resorts Green Award Winner (2011)
• Golf World -- Top 50 Resorts (2010)
• Successful Meetings -- Pinnacle Award Winner (2011)
• The Knot -- Best of Weddings (2012)
Conveniently located within easy driving distances of major Florida population centers, the AAA Four Diamond resort is a 15-minute drive from Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), one hour from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and 90 minutes from Miami International Airport (MIA).