DALLAS -- Golf industry icon Rick Martin has returned to the golf business with his new company, Martin Golf Apparel. The company's first apparel collection is for spring 2012, and will be available only to PGA professionals. The spring 2012 apparel began delivering in November 2011 and has already been met with an enthusiastic reception.
Martin Golf Apparel - with the slogan "Timeless as the Game" - is being sold by an ultra-high account base, ideally the nation's top Private Golf Clubs. Martin Golf Apparel won't do any department store business. The company is taking a much understated approach to design as the garments are a lifetime quest for perfection from Martin.
Martin Golf is quickly gaining a lot of attention in the golf industry with it quality manufacturing and classic design.
Based on early reactions, the apparel business is just as excited to have him back. Here is what PGA Professionals and buyers are saying:
* "I look forward to the apparel line of Martin Golf by Rick Martin," says Marni Montreal of R & O Design Services. There is a current need for a high quality cotton shirt company due to the fact that market has been focusing on synthetic fabrics over the last 3-4 years. The quality of the design and the craftsmanship that Rick Martin provides with the Martin Golf product is unmatched by any other company in the marketplace today. I look forward to the future lines of Martin Golf apparel and I am excited to buy and place it in the shops I buy for. Thank you for creating such a high quality cotton product in today's market and bringing back the level of sophistication that your company provides for the golf industry."
Marni Montreal - Green Valley CC, Fairfield, California.
* "Martin Golf has placed their emphasis on making the best knit in the market. The refusal to succumb to the pressure of competing with other brands that might have a larger market share but make an inferior product, is refreshing in today's golf industry. The 'Martin' name will be placed in the top echelon of country clubs in the country. Too many golf shops have become repetitive in the assortment they offer. Buyers cannot discern between a municipal course and that of a private facility anymore. It's all the same offering."
Gregory A. Pennett - Big Canyon Country Club, Newport Beach, CA.
Diamante Cabo San Lucas, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
Hualalai Resort, Kona, Hawaii.
Old Ranch Country Club, Seal Beach, CA.
* "Retailers are saying the line is exactly what they expected from a trusted name like Rick Martin. They know the quality is there, they see the color is there and the simplicity of the line is refreshing."
Pete Matthews - Wade Hampton GC, Cashiers, NC.
* "With its emphasis on quality and fine fabrics, Martin offers a line that shops are proud to carry and they know that Martin garments are available only in the best private clubs in America."
Dodd Miller - Lakewood CC, Dallas, TX.
* "I am just one of the many pros who are very excited to bring Martin Golf into their golf shops next season. As I was being shown the line, I was already thinking about which one of our members would be buying the apparel in the spring and summer. "The Martin Golf Line meets the criteria for our membership in that it is traditional yet very stylish. I am excited about its appeal to all of our members."
Matt Bunn - Hayden Lake Country Club, Hayden Lake, Idaho.
* "At this point, everyone that has seen the new collection is excited that Martin Golf is off the ground and running and they look forward to Martin Golf's future and its growth going forward in the golf industry. The times - and the people - are right for this to become something special."
Gordon Johnson - Houston Country Club, Houston, TX.
With the company's first launch already making waves in the industry, Martin Golf Apparel shares retailers hopes for nothing less than the high standards that have earned Rick Martin such a trusted name in the golf world.
About Martin Golf:
A 30-year veteran of the men's better-apparel industry, Rick Martin - a lifelong golfer and member of 12 golf clubs worldwide - saw an opportunity to return elegance and quality to golf apparel. Over that preceding 40-year stretch, golf apparel had suffered a steady decline. Classic styling and quality were the unfortunate casualties as manufacturers all but abandoned the game's heritage in their colors, designs, and fabrics. Martin's timing and vision were impeccable, and he soon became one of golf apparel's biggest names. Martin is excited about returning to the apparel business. His success is proven and the industry is pleased to have him back.
For more information on Martin Golf Apparel, visit them online at www.martingolfapparel.com or contact Mary Beth Lacy at email@example.com or call (760) 346-6942.