Golf Tourism Scotland has announced the venue for this year's Gold Standard Awards - the industry's premier event for travel, hospitality and golf service providers. After an exhaustive selection process, Golf Tourism Scotland confirmed the 2011 awards ceremony will take place at the award-winning Fairmont St Andrews resort on 3rd November.
The gala evening, which has become an established date in the golfing calendar, will toast the leading exponents of Scotland's golf tourism sector. Up for grabs will be accolades for this year's top golf courses, transport and golf tour operators, golf secretariats and caddiemasters. In addition, Scotland's best golf hotels will be honoured as will the recipients of the GTS Special Achievement Award and the acclaimed Young Industry Person Award.
As the chairman of GTS noted, a Gold Standard Awards night in St Andrews should be one to savour. "The Gold Standard Awards are a celebration of what Scotland does best," said Lee Derrick. "They are designed to distinguish companies and individuals that excel and embody the very best in golf tourism. As such, they have become the industry's awards for excellence with the recipients being recognised as leaders in their field. The decision to host the awards night in St Andrews seems particularly fitting considering the award picked up by the Fairmont St Andrews last year. It will certainly be a spectacular end to the season."
One of the most hotly contested awards last year was that of the hotel resort category which was collected by Graeme Dawson, leisure sales and marketing manager at the Fairmont St Andrews. "Winning the award was a great honour for the hotel, the staff, the people who work on the golf course and everyone throughout all the departments," he said. "Hosting the Gold Standard Awards will be an equally proud moment as the GTS awards are what we regard as the Oscars for our industry. It promises to be an enjoyable and memorable evening."
Nominations for the award categories will be announced shortly.
1) Golf Tourism Scotland (GTS) was formed in 2005 with the aim of raising the standards of Scotland's golf tourism in areas of product development, marketing, training and research.
2) GTS has around 130 members involved in almost every area of Scotland's golf tourism.
3) The luxury Fairmont St Andrews was crowned Hotel of the Year (Resort Category) at last year's GTS Gold Standard Awards.
4) For more information about GTS visit www.golftourismscotland.com.
5) For more information about Fairmont St Andrews visit www.fairmont.com/standrews
6) To join GTS visit www.golftourismscotland.com/Membership+Fees
For further quotes, interview opportunities and images contact the GTS press office at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Yvonne Alexander on:
Office: +44 (0) 1337 858807
Out of hours: +44 (0) 7976 369 260