WINTERGREEN, Va. -- When guests book this season's "Stay & Play" lodging-and-golf package at Wintergreen Resort, located high atop Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains, they'll earn the additional bonus of enjoying the many improvements the property has made for the spring and summer seasons.
With rates starting at just $99/person/night, the "Stay & Play" package, available now through Nov. 13 (with some restrictions) and includes:
* Lodging accommodations (double occupancy per bedroom)
* One round of golf per each night of stay, including one round on Devils Knob Golf Course, which sitting at 3,800 feet is the highest elevated golf course in Virginia
* Advance tee times when making reservation
* Unlimited use of practice facilities
* Club storage and locker room service
* 50 percent discount on the rental performance demo clubs
* 20 percent discount on purchase of any FootJoy golf shoes
Highlights of the improvements at Wintergreen Resort include:
* The Edge restaurant, with breathtaking mountain and valley views, is getting a total makeover. An extensive remodeling project is underway to restore a more rustic, lodge-style feel with warm natural wood paneling, recycled planks salvaged from old barns, beamed ceilings, and vibrant accent colors. A new menu will debut when the renovation is complete. With live entertainment and an energetic bar, The Edge is the place to be when the sun sets over the mountain.
* The Market at Wintergreen Resort (formerly Black Rock Market) has been totally refurbished and features fresh local produce, freshly baked bread from Albemarle Baking Co., and locally roasted coffee from Trager Brothers in Lovingston.
* Wintergreen Resort lodging guests receive one free Wintergreen Mountain Passport - effective May 28 through Sept. 5 - loaded with coupons for all kinds of activities and adventures.
* As part of its Seasonal Seeds of Beauty offerings, the resort's Wintergarden Spa is featuring a new lineup of facials and manicures, in addition to the array of treatments typically available. For more details about the Wintergarden Spa, or to book an appointment, call 434/325-8562.
To book the "Stay & Play" package at Wintergreen Resort, visit www.wintergreenresort.com or call (800) 266-2444.
About Wintergreen Resort:
Wintergreen Resort is an 11,000-acre, four-season resort located in the Blue Ridge Mountains southwest of Charlottesville, Va. This beautiful hideaway is the ultimate vacation and conference spot, nearly 300 condominium-style accommodations; 45 holes of championship golf; snow skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing; an award-winning tennis program; a full-service, destination spa; 40,000 square feet of meeting and event space; and savory dining options. The resort is located adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway in beautiful central Virginia near Charlottesville, just 90 minutes from Richmond, Va., three hours from Washington, D.C. and Raleigh, N.C., five and a half hours from Philadelphia, and eight hours from Atlanta. For more information, guests can call (434) 325-2200 or visit the resort's web site at www.wintergreenresort.com.
Hunter Public Relations - East