Danish shoemaker ECCO introduces its Spring/Summer 2010 women's golf collection, an expansive range of new styles crafted from the highest-grade leathers and showcasing the brand's proprietary comfort and performance technologies.
A truly elegant design, the New Classic Hydromax is the ideal combination of playability and looks, as distinguished by a direct-injected midsole with a real leather welt and embedded metal icon. Its modified saddle pattern with a textured feel is sleek yet subtle and sits atop a dual-density outsole that ensures stability and traction throughout the swing.
Infused by a dose of whimsy, the Golf Street Premier is funky, fun, colorful and perfectly suited for use both on and off the course. Featuring pre-molded traction bars that will not wear out over time, this completely new offering has a sleek, semi-transparent TPU outsole that is color-matched to the uppers. Additional feminine accents include white midsoles topped by a colored stripe and tasteful metal-rivet detailing.
"Each collection we create draws from our unique brand heritage which starts with designs built around the human foot," says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. "The resulting fit and quality appeals to a great variety of women, regardless of whether their personal taste has a classic sensibility or is inspired by popular fashion."
ECCO women's golf shoes are worn in competition by scores of international Tour stars, including Juli Inkster, Carin Koch, Iben Tinning, Linda Wessberg, Johanna Westerberg and others.
The Spring/Summer 2010 women's golf collection features the ECCO Four Dots logo across 27 models, highlighted by:
New Classic Hydromax (MSRP $180)
• Colors: white/marine; white/white; black/black; white/limestone
• Description: A top-of-the line collection created for golf's most discerning players, the women's New Classic combines traditional elegance with modern performance. High-grade leather uppers in a variety of textures work in concert with advanced mid- and outsole designs. A real leather welt highlights this style's new, direct-injected PU midsole. Paired with a dual-density outsole and two-component inlay sole with 3mm comfort fiber foam, it creates a system that ensures ideal comfort, cushioning and grip during all phases of the swing.
Comfort Swing GTX (MSRP $200)
• Colors: white/light silver/black; white/black/imperial purple
• Description: Designed to look great and fit an expansive range of foot types, the Comfort Swing GTX showcases multi-colored dual density outsoles, matching cleats and an attractive upper pattern integrated with a GORE-TEX® membrane for guaranteed weather resistance. Feminine details include contrast stitching and rubber accents. Performance and comfort are enhanced by a direct-injected PU midsole with arch support a swing stabilizer and metal insert encapsulated in hardened-nylon.
Casual Cool Hydromax (MSRP $180)
• Colors: white/light silver/wild lime; white/light silver; black/light silver/white; white/light purple/imperial purple; white/light silver/light rose
• Description: Contemporary fashion meets serious performance in the Casual Cool Hydromax. Street leather types, including metallics, are used in combination with modern rubber detailing. Crafted from direct-injected PU, the low-profile midsole offer superb playability thanks to asymmetrical arch support, an integrated TPU heel and a swing stabilizer insert. The single-density TPU outsole showcases a sleek, feminine shape and a visible TPU foil color-matched to the upper designs.
Golf Street Premier (MSRP $130)
• Colors: meadow; black; white; imperial purple
• Description: Funky, colorful and fun, the women's Golf Street is today's shoe. Inspired by fashion, it showcases the ECCO Four Dots logo in tasteful metal-rivet detailing. Additional feminine accents include white midsoles topped by a colored stripe. These fetching styles are perfectly suited for use on and odd the course. Sleek, semi-transparent TPU outsoles are color-matched to the uppers and feature pre-molded traction bars that provide enhanced grip. Synthetic blend wide-flat laces are provided in two different colors for added user customization, including an option for tone-on-tone coordination.
Each ECCO golf shoe is touched by more than 225 sets of highly-skilled hands during production, resulting in a level of quality that cannot be matched by any major footwear manufacturer. This labor-intensive process facilitates the brand's unrivalled attention to detail that helps discerning players look, feel and play their best.
All ECCO golf shoes feature a network of built-in technologies to create the ideal platform for the perfect swing. These include a direct-injected, PU-constructed midsole/outsole that:
• Creates a one-piece shoe construction
• Ensures unrivaled durability, flexibility, lightness and weather resistance
• Provides a superior level of cushioning and comfort that does not break down over time, unlike commonly-used materials such as air, rubber and EVA foam
Optimal performance is further guaranteed by:
• Ultra-soft, high-grade leathers with hydrophobic treatments for superb weather-resistance
• Internal stabilizer to reduce torque and create ideal swing stability
• Double-layer insole with cushion that absorbs heel force to reduce stress on the knees, hips and back
• Internal Air-Circulation System to maintain a fresh, dry and cool foot environment
• Dynamic Energy Return System that provides a trampoline effect during foot-strike and follow-through to reduce fatigue and restore energy with each step
• Green-friendly outsole designs featuring molded traction bars combined with Stinger cleats from Champ and the Q-Lok insert system to provide ideal traction and grip
ECCO is a world leading brand with fashionable comfort quality shoes.
Founded in 1963 by Karl Toosbuy, ECCO is the only major shoe manufacturer to own and manage the entire value chain from cow to consumer. ECCO has more than 15,000 employees, direct subsidiaries in Europe, the Far East and North America, and partners worldwide.
Based on ECCO's many years of tradition in shoemaking, ECCO delivers uncompromising comfort and design and the products are sold in more than 3,800 shops all over the world. In 2008, ECCO sold over 17.5 million pair of shoes and reached a turnover of DKK 5.4 billion. However, ECCO's aim has never been to be the biggest - but always to be the best.
ECCO USA is based in Londonderry, New Hampshire. For more information: visit www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226.