CARLSBAD, Calif. -- TaylorMade Golf has introduced the R360 XD titanium driver, a new and improved version of TaylorMade's popular 360 Ti driver. Designed with distance in mind, the R360 XD driver features:
• TaylorMade's Pull-Face, titanium construction, which allows for a strong-walled clubhead and thin-yet-strong clubface.
• An expansive, 360cc clubhead that boasts a high MOI for greater stability and less twisting on off-center hits.
• A clubface engineered thicker and thinner in strategic areas, resulting in a larger COR zone (the part of the clubface that delivers high coefficient of restitution), meaning that even off-center hits can go far.
• Precision-placed center of gravity (CG) that fuels a high, long-carrying trajectory.
• XD-60 Extra Distance graphite shaft that weighs just 60 grams and which features a soft tip that helps launch the ball into the air.
"Fans of the TaylorMade 360 driver will flip over the new R360 XD," says Sean Toulon, vice president, global product and brand creation. "The XD stands for extra distance, and is a nod to the improved launch conditions that the R360 XD was designed to deliver, which can result in added yardage."
The R360 XD comes equipped with a TM Crossline non-cord grip and is available in S, R and M flexes; and in right-handed lofts of 8.5°, 9.5° and 10.5°, and left-handed lofts of 9.5° and 10.5°. Manufacturer's suggested retail price is $299.
May 27, 2003
Tiger Woods announced Wednesday that he will not play golf for the remainder of 2009, after a specialist concluded Woods re-injured his left knee at Bay Hill. "I'm obviously disappointed," Woods said. "I was ... eager to return to the Masters at Augusta National and compete in the remainder of my 2009 schedule."
... full article »