Home » Feature Story

Get pain free and improve your golf swing with the new Swingback stabilizer

Brandon TuckerBy Brandon Tucker,
Managing Editor
SwingBack Brace
View large image
| More photos
More than a simple brace, the Swingback acts as a supportive exoskeleton that improves posture. (Courtesy of Swingback USA )

Few health problems can be as crippling to one's golf game as back pain.

Once your back starts failing, not only are you not enjoying your game as much, but it causes problems in all facets of your life. Suddenly such mundane tasks as taking the trash out become a painful ordeal.

So when a brand new device promises not only to alleviate back pain but to improve your golf swing, it's certainly worth trying.

Brand new for 2009, the Swingback is a back stabilizer that can be worn either over or under your clothing and is designed to offer relief and support to people suffering from back pain.

Swingback USA President Bill Cavalieri says he has received tremendous feedback since he's been demonstrating the aid to golf professionals across the country.

"Once you set up to the ball, it immediately corrects your posture," Cavelieri said of the Swingback. "All golfers will tell you, they assume the position with the SwingBack on and say, 'My golf pro's been trying to get me like this for five years.'"

Swingback is designed to improve posture

The Swingback is much more than a simple back brace, belt or wrap that you might see movers using as they lug around heavy furniture. Those braces don't provide any stable support. The Swingback, on the other hand, is worn on the lower back and has a slim front plate and a rigid back plate that are held in place by two adjustable straps that immediately improve your posture and add support.

These two plates serve as a firmer exoskeleton, or what they call "exterior scaffolding," which provides additional structure and support for the musculoskeletal system in the lower lumbar region. Everything within the Swingback is ergonomically designed to improve your posture, so you're swinging the golf club better and becoming more mobile around the house and the office, too.

A brace like this may sound too restrictive to make a thorough golf swing. But in fact, it's designed to keep you in perfect position to address the ball, keep your back in line throughout the golf swing and allow perfect lateral movement and flexibility. Swinging will also become easier.

"As a golf aid, all the pros we talked to said the Swingback put them in the correct position without slouching or restricting their swing in anyway." Cavalieri said.

Also, your muscles won't suffer any atrophy from extended use. In fact, since your posture will be better, a more efficient golf swing is a likely result, which means you stand to be fresher than ever when you're walking down the 18th fairway. You don't have to take the Swingback off after the round either. Wear it all day if you'd like.

Swingback: Not just for golfers

And if you've tried a brace or wrap in the past with no results, you're not alone. But don't let that lead you to believe you'll experience similar failure with the Swingback. The Journal of American Medicine released a study a few years back saying those braces did nothing to actually help back support. In fact, its false sense of security meant it could do more harm to the lumbar than good.

On the other hand, the University of South Florida recently tested the Swingback and reported a 100 percent success rate of preventing injuries and lowering the pain threshold, according to Cavalieri.

"We've met people who have not only been unable to finish 18 holes of golf but had been reduced to couch potatoes," Cavalieri said. "Now they're back on the golf course and enjoying the game again."

The Swingback is a one-size-fits-all device for both men and women to use, and it doesn't have to be used for just golfers. Among the many athletes to respond well to the Swingback are tennis players, canoers and kayakers.

More photos

SwingBack - Golf Swing

Brandon Tucker is the Managing Editor for Golf Advisor. To date, his golf travels have taken him to over two dozen countries and over 500 golf courses worldwide. While he's played some of the most prestigious courses in the world, Tucker's favorite way to play the game is on a great muni in under three hours. Follow Brandon on Twitter at @BrandonTucker.

Reader Comments / Reviews Leave a comment
  • Swingback

Stevie wrote on: Apr 13, 2013

Please advise where to buy Swingback .

• RE: Swingback

Julia wrote on: Mar 14, 2014

You can call LifeBack's office at 727 376 2003.

• RE: Swingback

Matt Snyder wrote on: Nov 28, 2013

You can purchase the SwingBack at

• RE: RE: Swingback

Donald Blair wrote on: Jan 24, 2014

I would like to purchase the swing back golf brace. How much?

• swingback golf brace

Paul Van Schepen wrote on: Jan 25, 2013

How do I buy one.

• RE: swingback golf brace

Matt Snyder wrote on: May 31, 2013

The SwingBack can be purchased at www.jmsmedsupply.com under the back bracing tab. Thanks.

• swingback brace

jim goerlich wrote on: Jul 28, 2012

where can i buy this brace I saw lifeback brace Is this the same as swingback

• Swingback golf brace

Rebecca Cline wrote on: Apr 5, 2012

I am interested in ordering the swing back golf brace. Please send info!

• SWINGBACK

Leonard Lloyd wrote on: Mar 17, 2012

LIVE IN cANADA - HOW DO I BUY SWINGBACK

• Purchase

Josh cooper wrote on: Mar 14, 2012

I'm interested in buying the swing back ,how do I? Please call 410 253 8421

• Swingback

Gene Leyden wrote on: Jul 2, 2011

Where can I purchase swingback? I live in Westchester NY. 10562

• RE: Swingback

james wrote on: Jan 20, 2013

where can these be purchased?

• RE: Swingback

willie jansen wrote on: Jul 15, 2011

how do I order the swingbacksupport belt

• RE: RE: Swingback

Bruce Stratton wrote on: Jul 21, 2011

I have one SwingBack and it is fabulous. I worry about losing it sometime when I am not careful so I want to order another.

• RE: RE: RE: Swingback

Matt Snyder wrote on: Nov 28, 2013

To order another SwingBack you can visit

• swingback - back stabilizer

Henry wrote on: May 23, 2010

Where can the Swingback be purchased?

• RE: swingback - back stabilizer

David H. Berndt wrote on: Nov 10, 2010

Where can I buy a Swingback back brace now. I'm in Orlando for 9 days of golf & have severe sciatic pain

• RE: swingback - back stabilizer

Matthew Carsello wrote on: Sep 14, 2010

Swingback can be purchased through CFC Golf in Palm Harbor, Fl shortly.
        Matthew
        727-483-9620

• RE: RE: swingback - back stabilizer

HOWARD REVELSON wrote on: Oct 10, 2010

PLEASE FORWARD ME PURCHASE AND SIZE INFORMATION.DO YOU HAVE ANY BROCHURES ETC REGARDING THE BRACE?I HAVE A 35"WAIST HAVE SORE BACK WHICH IMPEDES MY GOLF GAME---MANY THANKS

• RE: RE: RE: swingback - back stabilizer

H.REV wrote on: Oct 23, 2010

WHERE CAN THE BRACE BE PURCHASED ETC

• RE: RE: RE: swingback - back stabilizer

H.REV wrote on: Oct 23, 2010

WHERE CAN THE BRACE BE PURCHASED ETC

• RE: RE: RE: RE: swingback - back stabilizer

Al Emerman wrote on: Jun 3, 2012

Where can I buy this brace

• RE: RE: swingback - back stabilizer

barry schiedelb wrote on: Sep 15, 2010

Mathew,
            I asked you about this a few months ago, wanted to know if you have had success with any of the youth, our son has a protruding disc, and since he plays high school golf, his back holds up ok, but he has pain after having to walk 18 holes. I think you offered a chance for us to try it, cannot fine your e mail back to me from before, but I can get you a credit caard number. pls send me back the email, I think you mentioned a price and try it to see if it works. Would like to have it sent ups tomorrow, ground if ships out of Florida, I would have it for Friday, he has major match this weekend. He is a 33 waist in shorts.
            pls advise!
            tks
            barry

• RE: swingback - back stabilizer

Sharon Gilbert wrote on: Jun 21, 2010

where can I purchase the swingback-back stabilizer?

• RE: RE: swingback - back stabilizer

Bob Robertson wrote on: Sep 20, 2011

Where can you buy this?

• RE: RE: RE: swingback - back stabilizer

Michael Stevens wrote on: Feb 20, 2012

I, looking for a lower back support for golf.

• RE: swingback - back stabilizer

Jack Press wrote on: May 27, 2010

From: jackapress@aol.com
        To: Henry as per your request
        Subj: Re: Information on SwingBack
        Thank you for your interest in the SwingBack Golf Orthotic,
        Please go to the www.LifeBackenterprises.com to see our factory web page.
        The belt is adjustable to 58" waist. The web site is showing the Medicare /OSHA Approved LifeBack Lower Lumbar Orthotic.
        We are in the process of introducing a Non medical version of our LifeBack lower lumbar Orthotic called the SwingBack. The SwingBack is in a pre-market stage, you will be the envy of your Golf Friends. Check out the attached Press Release.
        Where wholesale price of the SwingBack is $79.95 + $10.00 UPS shipping.
        Please get back to me to arrange payment and shipping.
        Jack Press, National Sales Director,
        305-458-6400

• RE: RE: swingback - back stabilizer

Bruce Stratton wrote on: Jul 21, 2011

Jack, I purchased a SwingBack some time ago from you. I want to buy another in case I lose the one I have. Please email me information like last time.

• swingback - back stabilizer

Henry wrote on: May 23, 2010

Where can the Swingback be purchased?

• swingback - back stabilizer

Henry wrote on: May 23, 2010

Where can the Swingback be purchased?

• swingback - back stabilizer

Henry wrote on: May 23, 2010

Where can the Swingback be purchased?

• swingback - back stabilizer

Henry wrote on: May 23, 2010

Where can the Swingback be purchased?

• Swingback Brace

Michael Silpoch wrote on: May 1, 2010

I needed more information about the brace, How to order, How much, Warrantee, and most of all the health benefits of using your brace vs other braces.
    Thanks Mike

• RE: Swingback Brace

Jack Press wrote on: May 26, 2010

From: jackapress@aol.com
        To: Mike as per your request
        Subj: Re: Information on SwingBack
        Thank you for your interest in the SwingBack Golf Orthotic,
        Please go to the www.LifeBackenterprises.com to see our factory web page.
        Where wholesale price of the SwingBack is $79.95 + $10.00 UPS shipping.
        Please get back to me to arrange payment and shipping.
        Jack Press, National Sales Director,
        305-458-6400
        www

• SWINGBACK BRACE

H.REVELSON wrote on: Jan 2, 2010

CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR BRACE--PLAYING GOLF ETC.WHERE CAN IT BE PURCHASED.THANK YOU

• RE: SWINGBACK BRACE

alan shields wrote on: Mar 8, 2010

Can the brace be bought over in Scotland?

• RE: SWINGBACK BRACE

Jack Press wrote on: Feb 14, 2010

I am the Director of Sales for SwingBack. Please contact me at 305-458-6400 or by email at jackapress@aol.com and I will be happy to send you a SwingBack.

• RE: SWINGBACK BRACE

Jack Press wrote on: Feb 14, 2010

• RE: RE: SWINGBACK BRACE

marv wasserman wrote on: Mar 1, 2010

looking for a brace for my lower back..have a herniated disc on the L4-L5 pressing on the sciatica nerve..besides going to my chiropractor I would like to purchase a brace..but a brace I could wear when I play golf..interested in your..how much?..and how can I order it.
            Marv

• RE: RE: SWINGBACK BRACE

Jill Klaskin wrote on: Feb 14, 2010

Can women wear then as well?

• RE: SWINGBACK BRACE

bob summers wrote on: Jan 12, 2010

where can i purchase the swingback brace I am in daytona beach now

• RE: RE: SWINGBACK BRACE

willie jansen wrote on: Jul 15, 2011

please forward info and price of the swingback ack support aid .

Comments Leave a comment