« Tiger Woods on Steroids? It 's not a ridiculous questionBarack Obama and Tiger Woods all smiles in photo from White House »

Comment from: Marc Sirkin [Visitor] Email
Tiger's too disciplined and too talented for it to be over. Stop already. MJ wasn't done when he came back from Baseball, and Tiger's not even close to being done.

Nice caveat and CYA there at the end (so much for keeping it real). Tiger's not done, not even close and you know it.

05/11/09 @ 10:12
Comment from: Hack [Visitor] Email
I predict 90% of people who read this won't get it. Such is life for a troubled genius like yourself...oft misunderstood. Until you're dead. Then we'll all think you were awesome.
05/11/09 @ 10:35
Comment from: Joe Whitley [Visitor] Email
I understand the points you raise but I seriously disagree. He is as good as he has ever been and will add to his Major count by the end of the year. Mark my words, this is not the end for Tiger.
05/11/09 @ 10:46
Comment from: William K. Wolfrum [Visitor] Email
And yet you seem eager to follow me down this road, Hack. My advice: Start writing exclusively about Natalie Gulbis' navel and how good PGA Tour players are. You'll be hired by Golf Digest in 2 weeks and lead a happy life.
05/11/09 @ 10:57
Comment from: Hack [Visitor] Email
I'd write about Natalie Gulbis' navel for free.

05/11/09 @ 10:59
Comment from: Brett [Visitor] Email
wow you're an idiot
05/11/09 @ 11:42
Comment from: Stephanie Wei [Visitor] Email
We all know that Tiger isn't done. I'm not even the "biggest" Tiger fan, but all the respect to him, of course. He's finished in the top 10 in the past 5 tournaments which includes a win. Yeah, the guy really sucks. And, he's played TERRIBLY, that is, for him. We've all seen the highlights where drives it in the woods (no pun intended) on almost every hole. He misses multiple putts, many of which are birdie opportunities. He's still the best in the world - if he isn't, who would you say is? Phil? Not a chance.
While I'm at it, I'm sick of hearing about how Tiger is hitting it shorter off the tee and Phil is striping it past him (which I'm sure Phil is secretly gloating about). The guy had major surgery last year. Give him a break (I can't believe I said that.)
05/11/09 @ 15:13
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
"Awesome" also means "tiresomely great". You wear the mantle so lightly WKW - you're positively hyperborean - even if you do live in Brazil.
05/11/09 @ 16:37
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor] Email
Pretty funny.
05/12/09 @ 09:25
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
"Tiger Woods is Barack Obama, with the exception of being able to land a 1-iron on a nickel from 300 yards out"

This statement shows how little you know about golf....you're probably a 13 that cheats, just like Clinton....

Nicklaus came in the top 10 a jillion times and had "slumps" as well....stupid stupid article...

05/12/09 @ 11:50
Comment from: Nick [Visitor] Email
What a way to get peoples attention! Tiger is perhaps the greatest golfer of all time and a real gentlemen. He has done for golf what Stan Musial has done for baseball.
You have got to be so wrong.
05/12/09 @ 13:05
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
WKW - Streuth!

When you read our posts, I wonder whether you laugh or cry?
05/12/09 @ 17:57
Comment from: J Ridley [Visitor] Email
Oh Yeah, how about not finished making even the disbelievers wake up and smell the coffee. Tiger is admittedly at best only human as is Barack Obama. Only time and chance will conclude and define a true champion. So lets not open our mouths too wide to speak words we may eat at the Tiger's gate.
05/12/09 @ 21:13
Comment from: Ray [Visitor] Email
Honestly I used to be a big golf fan but the constant adulation of Tiger Woods and Phil Mickleson has drove me away. I understand they are great players but I really do get sick of hearing about them at the expense of the tournament winners. They make it sound like Tiger Woods lost the tournaments and players like Stenson and Cabrera are lucky Tiger isn't playing well.
05/13/09 @ 02:13
Comment from: ollie helsby [Visitor] Email
oh so he will never even contend in a tournament again will he? Now correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure he just the memorial tournament with 7 of the top 10 in the world in the field? this in his first start after his loss at the players which caused and i quote "his mental and physical game to be shot" great work mate? he not only destroyed the course in terms of GIR he also had his best driving performance in 6 years! you i am sure are one of these journalists who are keen to get on tigers back as soon as he has one mediocre performance and whip up what he calls a sexy story to get views on your failing blog. i think next time you should wait untill he goes a year without winning a tournament. you are not only foolish for your comments but ignorant as well. He is the greatest golfer since jack nicklaus and could possibly become greater. great blog mate its a great read....
06/10/09 @ 01:28
Comment from: Adirec Torytski [Visitor] Email
Tiger will always be around even when the syncs say he is done... he isn't done his name is too big for that now.
08/22/09 @ 10:52
Comment from: Dennis C [Visitor] Email
Woods is done…. His reputation is ruined beyond repair…. He will try to make a comeback but his loyal fans will NEVER take him seriously again… and he can kiss Buick, Nike and the rest bye bye……… and she walks off with the kids, the homes and 200 million buckaroos…………… if he had never married and had kids… his playboy ways would have made him a hero and the envy of every man on Earth… even nerdy rich ones like Bill Gates… Sad…. What an idiot…………………….

12/08/09 @ 09:40
Comment from: Dennis C [Visitor] Email
....oh I forgot... Woods will self destruct from the inside out... not from the outside in.... that's the kind of person he is... he really cares about how he is perceived by his fans... he will never be able to look at them in the eye again...... he most definately has a self destructive streak.
12/08/09 @ 09:50
Comment from: Tundra [Visitor] Email
HAHAHA, wow man. You hit it dead on! You should forcast weather. You could do it like 7 months ahead of schedule. So do you guys think he's done now or is his name still too big?
12/15/09 @ 03:43
Comment from: Kilgore Trout [Visitor] Email
*****
Let me tell ya bout white chicks. Sales of bisquick have gone through the roof since Tiger's dalliances with breakfast waitresses.
02/17/10 @ 16:50
Comment from: bill [Visitor] Email
Tiger is done, done, done. Mark my words. He has irreversibly damaged his image among the public. Far worse was he betrayed HIMSELF. Anyone who has betrayed himself/herself knows it is the worst feeling in the world. It is this SELF betrayal that will destroy Tiger's fire and intensity - qualities needed to become a No 1 golfer in the world. Tiger will not win another major.
04/13/10 @ 18:52
Comment from: MBA Rocket [Visitor] Email
*****
Best article that I have ever read regarding TW. Unless of course you are being sarcastic - then it is the absolute worst...
05/01/10 @ 14:44
Comment from: Rick Grace [Visitor] Email
Amazing article.
I thought it was written on May 11, 2010.
NOw I see its from 2009?
This writer must be some kind of psychic.
Woods career is over in my opinion.
He will never recover from the embarssment and disgrace he has brought upon himself.
I predict he'll still try to play a few more years, but he won't be the player he was.
Driven guys like him need to be focused 100%.
His mental state won't let him be focused anymore.
And he won't accept mediocrity.
Within 3 years Tiger will quit golf for good.
05/25/10 @ 06:39
Comment from: cloysermiller [Visitor] Email
***--
TW is so done, I agree. He is a smart*** to the sports announcers when they ask him about his day on the course and why things have gone bad for him. He is like a confused puppy that has lost his training. No other golfer in the world could be as arogant as he is.
07/04/10 @ 12:25
Comment from: cw [Visitor] Email
" a real gentlemen"

What ?
Hes not even a real golfer anymore.
A REAL golfer "and a gentlemen" dont act like this turd has done.
A REAL golfer knows how to act and react both on and off the golf course.
I always knew there was more to this guy than met the eye,even if he makes 18 hole in ones in a row he will always be a looser in my eyes.
Wouldnt surprise me at all if they find out hes a drug user too..
Another example that shows what fame and big money does,it makes your ego and wallet big,and your soul small and puny..
07/28/10 @ 14:46
Comment from: kinnakeet [Visitor] Email
****-
A gentleman? Wiow! The bar must be set pretty low for anyone to call Tiger that.

Banging the neighbor next to his own child's crib? For that act alone I find the guy totally disgusting.

Yup, stick a fork in him...
08/09/10 @ 07:59
Comment from: jimbo [Visitor] Email
The PGA should get a grip. Tiger wont even qualify for the last Fedex tourney and yet is in the top ten players...number 1 please. just pure marketing by PGA. The worlds number 1 is a joke. All other sports they have a playoff to show the number one team or player. Not golf. Because then people couldnt make him number 1. He will never break Jack's record so give up on that too. Dustin Johnson is the number 1 player. And lets face it Phil doesnt care about being number one. When Tiger drops from number 1....end of career.
09/12/10 @ 11:16