Tiger Woods to miss host duties, but AT&T, WorldGolf.com makes sure SFC, military personnel get Hi-tech treatment at Congressional
Coming off another knee surgery, Tiger Woods will miss out on his hosting (and playing) duties at the AT&T National at the Congressional Country Club starting tomorrow.
“Flying, unfortunately, swells up my leg pretty good,” said Woods, who recently underwent ACL reconstruction on his left knee.
Aside from getting to see all the action, Sgt. McKay will also receive:
A Wireless Caddie from AT&T: Five-hundred smart phones will be made available for checkout daily throughout the tournament courses and at the entrances. Spectators will be able to obtain statistics, course maps, pairings and live scoring.
Access to the AT&T Digital Clubhouse: Fans are invited to interact with AT&T products and services, get a GolfTEC swing analysis and test their skills in a Long Drive contest at the interactive tent located at the 11th Fairway. At the AT&T Digital Clubhouse, fans also can access AT&T broadband products, watch high-definition satellite TV, check e-mail, obtain results of the swing analysis and Long Drive contest on the AT&T blue room. A patio area is also available for viewing the fairway of hole 11.
Access to the AT&T Technology Tent: Located at the Front Nine Grove, the tent will be equipped with AT&T wireless, broadband and satellite TV. Fans will have access to wireless service to place phone calls.
Our hats are off to AT&T for going beyond in their willingness to show their appreciation for those in uniform and those that have served their country.
If you’re in the military and want to see the event, the Tiger Woods Foundation in cooperation with the Pentagon’s Army ITT office will once again be distributing free tickets to military personnel this year for the AT&T National.
MILITARY TICKETING INFO
Tickets will be available at most ITT/ITR offices within a 150 mile radius of Washington, D.C. Tickets will be available on a first come, first serve basis starting May 5, 2008.
If you live outside of the immediate DC area (150 mile radius), please contact your local ITT/ITR office by May 1, 2008, so that they may make a ticket request to the Pentagon on your behalf.
- Tickets will be available for all Active Duty, Reserve, Retired, National Guard and DOD civilian personnel for Wed, July 2nd thru Fri, July 4th. Tickets will be limited to 2 tickets per person each day Wed- Fri.
- Tickets will only be available to Active Duty personnel on Sat, July 5th and Sun, July 6th. Tickets for Sat and Sun will be limited to 2 tickets per person for each day.
- All tickets must be picked up at an ITT/ITR office and you must have access to the installation to pick up tickets. No tickets will be mailed.
- Children 12 and younger are ticketed free at the gate when accompanied by a ticket-holding adult (limit 2 children per paid adult).
- Tickets for youth 13-17 years of age are available for purchase only at the gate for $15.00.
- If you have any questions regarding the ticket distribution, please contact one of the ITT/ITR offices listed above or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
|« Even John McCain wouldn't hate GCSAA's blog||With Tiger Woods injured, someone else will win FedEx Cup »|
No feedback yet
Comments are closed for this post.