« K.J. Choi, Mike Huckabee could make 2008 a magical year for the faithfulTilghman in rapid retreat after "Lynch Tiger Woods in a back alley" comment »

Comment from: Ron Mon [Member] Email
So, are you pure racism or political correctness? Nice of you to link to YOURSELF!! Selfishness, that's what it is, pure and simple. In order to fire Tiger Woods and not be sued under discrimination law, you must eliminate the position. Therefore, the position of Number One golfer in the World could never again be occupied. Number Two will be the new Number One.
01/13/08 @ 22:19
Comment from: maria loi [Visitor] Email
are you crazy?
01/13/08 @ 23:04
Comment from: Brian Champness [Visitor] Email
Steady there, friends! I think the article was a joke, an attempt at humour, bitter-sweet perhaps.
01/14/08 @ 06:43
Comment from: Karan [Visitor] Email
LOL Very funny!!
01/14/08 @ 10:18
Comment from: Emilia [Visitor] Email
I can see that sarcasm is not always easy to get.
01/14/08 @ 10:58
Comment from: Raj [Visitor] Email
And while they are at it, they should get rid of Vijay Singh..he is darker than Tiger Woods and Kelly would probaly call him the N word..she does not know any better!
01/14/08 @ 11:40
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor] Email
Wow...apparently sarcasm and "tongue-in-cheek" comment are lost on a lot of folks.
01/14/08 @ 12:46
Comment from: Anti-Sarcastic [Visitor] Email
I honestly am appalled, not only as a huge fan of tiger woods but as a fan of the game of golf, that such outrageous nonsense is actually being posted by a seemingly credable golf related website. This article contains only one truth amidst a sea of racism, and that is that Vijay has to go. If anyone is "getting fired from golf" its him. Tiger woods is neither sextist nor as darkly colored as vijay. Who cant see the rationality in that??? Keep Tiger, fire vijay. I dont know what this writer is thinking...

(No...Sarcasm isn't always easy to get)
01/14/08 @ 13:10
Comment from: Gerald Rhodes [Visitor] Email
While you solution to letting all of the closet golf racist speak their little minds, there would be an un-intended consequence. All those major paychecks that most of the players earn on the PGA Tour for just making the cut would disappear. The TV Networks and sponsors that pay the big bucks to air the tournments will disappear as the ratings decline due to a lack of broad viewer interest. Golf was going the way of tennis and hockey (niche sports) before Tiger appeared on the scene and would head back there quickly if the PGA fired him.
01/14/08 @ 18:51
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Gerald,

Maybe you ought to educate yourself before you spout off. Golf was doing very well (experiencing a boom, in fact) before Tigger hit the scene. He has helped immensely, of course, but, I hate to break it to you (not really), the game is a lot bigger than any one player -- even him.

Now, why don't you go back to your NAACP meeting.
01/14/08 @ 22:00
Comment from: Chai [Visitor]
Who wants to watch golf without Tiger Woods. Besides the prize money will be back to nothing!
01/15/08 @ 02:39
Comment from: Aaron [Visitor]
GOlf was doing just ok before Tiger, not very well. Tiger is responsible for about 85% of the games growth in the last 12 years. Also I would like to point out that, Kelly Tilghman is NOT racist. What she said was a joke..the kind of jokes I make with my black friends all the time..the only mistake she made was forgetting her place (that she was on television with a million morons watchin who wouldnt understand)...this is the reason Tiger didn't care, because he understood this, and the two of them are actually friends. I wonder when this side of the story is going to be told?!
01/15/08 @ 06:55
Comment from: Aaron [Visitor]
01/15/08 @ 06:57
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
Judge,
Good post...I think one of the reasons that so many people are leaving golf is because of the expense. Today, on a public course, the average round of golf with a cart is probably $50.00 per person. About the cheapest private club will run you around $5,000.00 per year after the initiation fee. Of course, I have not mentioned how expensive golf clubs have become. Golf has become an upper echelon sport of society.

I like Tiger, however, money has blurred his vision about golf. I think golf is rank about number 4 on his priority list. Whenever he is playing you always know that he knows where the camera is at all times. When he makes certain gestures after a great shot, he is thinking how best to market that gesture. Hey kid, want my autograph?...you can purchase one on ebay for $1,200.00 bucks. Well, I guess this is what he must do so he can become golfs first billionaire. Too bad.
01/18/08 @ 17:05
Comment from: Gerald Russell [Visitor] Email
This article was genius. Too bad so many people missed the intent of this clever writer.
It is acknowledging racism in the sport of Golf. It promotes dialogue also.
11/04/08 @ 11:47
Comment from: Malcolm [Visitor] Email
It is so easy to tell that the writer is racist and that all he/she want is to not have any african american proffesional golf.
04/28/09 @ 20:29