« More proof the Devil lives in New Jersey: N.J. golfers score consecutive acesGolf News: Courses brace for O.J. Simpson's hunt for the "real thief" »

Comment from: Tyler Lemke [Visitor] Email
I felt a certain tension between Tim Finchem and Tiger Woods. Tiger did not seem too overly ecstatic to win. Maybe three weeks in a row (four weeks for everybody else) is a little draining for all of them.

My daughter said right away, hey, Tiger didn't kiss the trophy.

Maybe it is a power struggle between the top players and Finchem?

09/17/07 @ 11:02
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor] Email
Tiger didn't kiss the trophy. And he didn't do
a little soft-shoe dance, either. Damn his uppity
ingratitude.

Seriously. What did Finchem expect?
09/17/07 @ 12:12
Comment from: Nolan Matthias [Visitor] Email
I love it! Tiger kept his integrity by not doing what every other first time winner might. The only thing worse would have been for him to hold it over his head like it was the Stanley Cup.
09/17/07 @ 13:21
Comment from: cynthia [Visitor] Email
Yes, Tiger did the right thing by not kissing the trophy and not bowing to this artificial barrage of promotion whose sole purpose is to brainwash people into watching a trumped up cup.

Golf is about tradition, the Majors are the ultimate test and winning tournaments is the only worthwhile goal. Cut the purses by 50% and the players would still play their hearts out to win.

The incessant promotion and Tim Finchem's greed for money has turned me right off this cup.
09/17/07 @ 14:07
Comment from: Metallion [Visitor]
Tiger Woods Press Conference: THE TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP, Sunday September 16, 2007

Q. As much as Tim was kind of leading you in that direction, I noticed you didn't kiss the Cup on the green. Do you have a policy on which trophies you kiss?
TIGER WOODS: Damn, Fergie (laughter).

Q. Claret Jugs only?
TIGER WOODS: Have I?

Q. We've got pictures of that, yeah.
TIGER WOODS: There you go.
09/17/07 @ 18:46
Comment from: patricia [Visitor] Email
The cup was totally unkissable...from an aesthetic standpoint.
09/17/07 @ 20:47
Comment from: Ron Mon [Member] Email
less kissable than the Christie Kerr trophy?
09/17/07 @ 22:24
Comment from: jim [Visitor] Email
Tiger & Tim have different agendas as have many of the pros. The golfers want to have more of a say in the organization whose primary purpose is to support golf and the players. A power struggle is either going on or close. Tim and Tiger looked like two condemed prisoners at the presentation.
09/18/07 @ 00:39
Comment from: Shanks [Member] Email
I got that, Ron Monster. You naughty boy, you. Hehehe ...
09/18/07 @ 08:45
Comment from: Wine [Visitor]
Ha ha. Lousy rhethorics by Finchem. If he really wanted Tiger to kiss it he should NOT have gone there. Tiger has already embraced the Tour. Finchem wanted more. And by the way TF put it Tiger might actually have suspected that TF and some fraternity of his had p**d on p*k*d in it at an earlier time. There must be a reason why it has not been kissed.

How could Tiger have done it batter? He could have handed it over to TF and said:

- I couln't. It is ine, but as the father of the FedEx Cup, you should have the honor. I would not let anyone else kiss my daughter Sam before I did.

TF would not be able to turn that down. He'd kiss it. And we would all laugh really hard.
09/18/07 @ 21:49
Comment from: ray [Visitor] Email
Funny how Tim Finchem has bent over backwards for this guy and Tiger treats him like dirt. I guess the best thing for Finchem to do is pull the BMW and the Deutcshe Bank out of the rotation. Tiger acts like Finchem didn't consult him on anything. Truth be known, Tiger and Phil were probably the only players that were consulted about the Fedex Cup. Tiger is a great player (if not the greatest of all time) but Tim Finchem should spend more time with the guys that actually play the PGA Tour from week to week.
09/19/07 @ 03:03
Comment from: Oui Oui Oui [Visitor] Email
I think Tiger made a strong statement there and send a message to Finchem: I do what I want when I want. No one can make me do otherwise.
09/19/07 @ 08:36
Comment from: patricia [Visitor] Email
The Cristie trophy was what I'd qualify as highly kissable. From an aesthetic standpoint. Though I doubt Tiger would agree.
09/19/07 @ 12:35
Comment from: Chris [Visitor]
Tiger should kiss the FedEx cup when the winner's annuity
is paid, which is what 10 years from now?
01/02/08 @ 14:17