« Dana Perino should handle all FedEx Cup questions as Deutsche Bank Championship gets under waySamsung World Championship to bring 19 of the best women's golfers together - and Michelle Wie »

Comment from: EB [Visitor] Email
I think that I don't like Rory because he seems like a dick. Maybe he's not, I don't know, just seems like it.
08/29/07 @ 18:51
I agree with what you say William, except that in my opinion it doesn't excuse him having that spectator thrown out or the foul-mouthed way he did it.
08/29/07 @ 19:04
Comment from: Ron Mon [Member] Email
How about Nick O'Hern and Rory versus Tiger and anyone else during P-Cup this year?
08/29/07 @ 19:39
Comment from: Sid [Visitor] Email
And you wonder why Tiger have so many people to
keeps watch around him!

constructive criticism is fine, I have no problem
there, but I do not support the rhetorical
flimflammery of South African Sabbatini.
08/29/07 @ 20:39
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Sid,

Is that Ebonics you're speaking there?
08/29/07 @ 21:35
Comment from: 2under [Visitor] Email
I must admit, I am somewhat divided on this issue.

I don't believe spectators have the "right" to heckle at a golf tournament. The price of admission doesn't give one the right to act boorish. Completely unacceptable behavior.

On the other hand, there comes a time when a pro needs to rise above it all, and I do believe Rory has hit below the mark. Did anyone else catch Rory challenging the spectator to "say it to my face" when he walked off the 14th green last week? That isn't acceptable behavior, either.

Tim - enforce it equally. Pro's who get uppidy get a fine. Fans who get uppidy get the hook.

And anyone who yells "get in the hole" gets shot.

08/29/07 @ 22:25
Comment from: 2under [Visitor] Email
Tim is Tim Finchem in the above post. We're on a first name basis now...

And Judge - Sid speaks a language all his own. It's well beyond Ebonics...
08/29/07 @ 22:28
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Rory is a media whore. We love him because if we need a sound bite we can go to him anytime. He is the most accessible relevant golfer on tour. He also understands us because he will answer questions in ways he think will make it into the article - whereas most of Tiger's quotes are so predictable you can write up what he said before he says it.

You wonder if Rory might perform even better if he didn't spend an hour surrounded by media every day of an event. I'm not hating on him for this, but I think we're taking 90% of his quotes too seriously when really all he's trying to do is get golf on the front page.
08/29/07 @ 23:53
Comment from: Andy Brown [Visitor] Email
Most importantly when you are competing against someone like Tiger, you are bound to try everything possible to beat him, so whether that be in the form of mental disintegration(ok..stretching it a bit) or by doing what Sergio Garcia once did, wearing an outrageously bright outfit trying to blind Tiger(I sincerely hope that was the reason because the outfit was just too bright even by some of the eccentric standards that some of the golfers have set). Let's hope Tiger lightens up a little bit and takes some of the comments made in the right spirit. He cannot afford to get hot under the collar, especially when you know that week in and week out he beats the crap out of most players in the field and if they are not allowed to vent their frustration, there is very little else they can do to salvage their pride. Tiger we know you are busy trying to plot your next tournament victory and any snide remark that you pass will be pounced upon by the media, therefore you focus on your job and let the characters of the game do their job. Frankly no one is nearly as good as you are and if they can't try and rile you a bit it will never be a level playing field.
08/30/07 @ 01:13
Comment from: Oui Oui Oui [Visitor] Email
WKW,

You want emotion? Go watch those Sunday night Hall Mark Presents movies or rent a copy of The Note Book.
08/30/07 @ 09:49
Comment from: Doug [Visitor]
I don't totally disagree but I think Sabbatini's been playing too many pro-ams with Adam Sandler. Somebody does need to tell him that fans generate his prize money. He does kind of make you wonder if they have dog fights in South Africa.
08/30/07 @ 15:44
Comment from: Merrin [Visitor] Email
I dont like Rory because he sounds obnoxious.

I Like spirited competition, but Rory hasnt really done anything for me to credit him or his loudmouth tendencies.
08/30/07 @ 18:32
Comment from: Chuck [Visitor] Email
Rory's sin was seeking the ejection of a fan from a tournament for asking if Rory still thought Tiger was beatable, a legitimate question in light of what had previously been said.

In the words of golfer/philosopher Payne Stewart after a particularly acrimonious week on tour, "You haven't earned the right to give the needle until you've learned to take the needle."

Rory has a lot to learn.
09/04/07 @ 11:30
Comment from: Rory [Visitor]
I want to know if Rori is married why will he not stop sexually harassing the wife of a u.s soldier who works for Nike. I am really disgusted I wish I had Amy's number I would let her know what a jerk Rori is.
P.S
Is this the thanks I got for my service?
10/24/07 @ 17:02
Comment from: Jackie Gillick [Visitor] Email
Golf was never a front page sport. In both CANADA &
the USA, tee times are impossible to get. I think golf is doing fine just the way it is. I never liked a player using a cart but, I do like decorum & respect.
01/09/08 @ 20:11
Comment from: Truth [Visitor] Email
Sabbatini is a jerk, he always has been a jerk, and he will always be jerk.

That's why he act's like a jerk. He knows that's the only way anyone will pay attention to him.
02/08/09 @ 11:42