« Anonymous "PGA Tour pro" blogger makes Golf.com look unprofessional, unethical, and patheticTiger Woods will win the PGA Championship because the heat is on »

Comment from: Dirty old ______ man [Visitor] Email
Get over it! Babe Ruth was the greatest homerun hitter of the exclusionary period in baseball, though many who were alive will tell you that Josh Gibson was a far superior power hitter than Ruth ever was. Henry Aaron thrived during the "greenie" or upper era of baseball and now Bonds reigns supreme in the steroid era. I don't like it any more than you do, but baseball has had a checkered past and will continue to have it's cheats, what we can not do is condenm Bonds for being the best of the bunch during this era.

08/08/07 @ 09:20
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor] Email
Comment from: Dirty old ______ man [Visitor]
"My questions to you are: Why is Bonds record tainted when so many others of his era were supposedly juicing as well, including a large majority of the pitchers he faced? Why does Bonds get ripped when so many others seemingly get a free pass? A-Fraud, his heir apparent comes to mind, this guy gained over 50 pounds of muscle in just a couple of years and yet everyone assumes he is clean..."

I think you just made a strong case for Wolfrums headline.
The fact that baseball has cheats galore in it's checkered past doesn't make it right either.
While Bonds record will stad, there will always be the feeling pf taint to it.As you so succinctly put it, "Get over it".
08/08/07 @ 09:38
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor] Email
sorry about the typos, Fingers are just too big for these dinky little keyboards. pf should read of and stad should read stand.
08/08/07 @ 10:01
Comment from: Ron Mon [Member] Email
As I recall, the left field fence at Atlanta County Stadium was shortened considerably to aid Henry in his quest. There is no Roy Hobbs in Baseball, nor was there ever. Do we have fireman records? Soldier records? Police records? No, just heroes. Maybe that's what we need in sports...less records and more heroes. Test 'em all!!
08/08/07 @ 10:21
Comment from: Ron Mon [Member] Email
Rafael Palmeiro did the commercials, so we knew that he was juiced in more ways than one. Carried a big bat, you know? Corked his wand...anyway, how limp can people be to resort to this stuff? And, it seems, at younger and younger ages. What, are they in constant need of a stiffie? I don't get the ED thing. Little blue pill for me is Naproxen Sodium, an alternative to aceto and ibu.
08/08/07 @ 12:36
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor] Email
I agree with you Ron Mon.
But as I told my wife, what can't get up can't get out.
I was just thinking of the Macho Male Pride thing some of these guys have and wondered how it would be explained?

I don't suppose any of that stuff will show in testing but it was a wildly hilarious scenario anyway.(Sometimes the imagination is more dangerous than actually deliberatly thinking?) My wife can't wait to see if the tests show it and what the reasons will be or who will actually admit it.
But as I said, it was just something to ponder while the PGA ponders.
08/08/07 @ 13:12
Comment from: Kristen [Visitor] Email
Everywhere I went that had the baseball games on TV in the days leading up to it, people would say "please tell me he didn't get one today" or something similar. Not a single baseball fan I saw was actually rooting for him. That attitude can't be good for any sport. If we need clean athletes to support, then it seems testing is the only way to provide some proof.
08/08/07 @ 15:21
Comment from: Oliver Sudden [Visitor] Email
Another view : I have to believe that many feel the way my wife and I do which is "We couldn't care less if pro athletes use steroids". The media hates Bonds because he treats them like the little weasels they are so they make a big deal about Barry and steroids even though he has never failed a drug test and been convicted of nothing.
08/08/07 @ 22:24