« Death of Cory Lidle brings to mind the life of Payne StewartRally for a Cure, others take Breast Cancer Awareness to a golf course near you »

Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
WKW, I know where you can get an even better count. Better for the Dems, that is. The Cook County machine always did a good job on getting out the sick vote. In fact, they even got a lot of those who had succumbed to their illnesses to vote. Tammany Hall did quite well in that department also, along with the Curley gang in Boston. Come to think of it, they didnt do too bad for Grigoire in Seattle.
10/10/06 @ 08:24
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor] Email
Old-fashioned voter fraud is a red herring. Far more live, eligible voters get wrongly scrubbed from roles. And this phenomenon is much more recent as well. As WKW points out, paperless voting machines create more opportunities for fraud than ever before.
10/10/06 @ 09:44
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
This is scary stuff, perfect for the Mark Foley protectors:

10/10/06 @ 10:47
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
As far as Timmie's entry from the peanut gallery goes, I'll just e-utter two words: Gerry Studs. Oh, Timmie, are you going to tell us that Foley didn't have an ongoing email correspondence with you? C'mmmmmmon!

As far as voting technology goes, I actually agree with consensus opinion here and have echoed such sentiments for a long time. There is nothing more ridiculous than a voting system in which there's no paper trail. Utterly foolhardy.

I have to mention, though, that you should lay the blame for this where it belongs. Remember that this hasty move toward high technology was instigated by liberals just after the 2000 election. They couldn't complain enough about flawed voting systems, old machines and antiquated technology, implying all the while that Hal would be our savior.

It's insanity.
10/10/06 @ 12:09
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
Kiel, You've been reading those far-left, liberal kook blogs again. If there are a whole lot of legitimate registered voters who have been scrubbed surreptitiously from the ledgers, perhaps you can supply the names and addresses of, say, five of these illegally disenfranchised citizens. These folks would surely be eternally outraged. I know that I would be. If you can't supply five, one will do. Remember Kiel, make it someone you know personally, not the invention of some kook blog.
10/10/06 @ 19:29
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
WKW, I thought that when your initiated this fantasy with you blog that this site would be inundated with crackpot conspiracy theorists and their rants. Instead, the only ones ranting and raving are the member bloggers, you and Kiel and Little Timmie. Every source you quoted is a liberal kook site. I'll give you the same opportunity as I did Kiel. Give me the names of five registered voters whose names were mysteriously and illegally stricken from the rolls. Can't do it? Try one.
10/11/06 @ 07:42
Comment from: Oliver Sudden [Visitor] Email
WKW, You're a moron.
10/11/06 @ 18:23
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Alex,

Since I'm very fond of you, I want to caution you about something. Don't hold your breath waiting for those names of the disenfranchised citizens.

By the way, as someone who grew up in NYC, researched vote-fraud and wrote a piece about it, I can tell you that nowhere is such illegal activity more rampant than in Demonrat, minority inner city areas. Of course, since you lefties have probably lived very sheltered existences in your lily white neighborhoods, you wouldn't know this.
10/11/06 @ 22:17
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Needless to say, the second paragraph of my last post was directed at Timmie et al.
10/11/06 @ 22:20
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
Judge Smails, I was raised on the near North Side of Chicago. The standing joke there was and is "Vote early and vote often." Years ago the ward captains used to hand out two dollar bills, the price of a boilermaker at the local gin mill, for a straight ticket vote for the "rooster", (Democratic ticket) Now ,the going rate is a fin. But Kiel says such talk is a red herring, so I guess it doesn't apply.
10/11/06 @ 23:15
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor] Email
All Things Considered, October 9, 2006 ยท "For the first time this year, states are required to have centralized voter registration lists. In Kentucky, a state effort to eliminate duplicate registrations resulted in at least several hundred voters being mistakenly removed from the rolls. Confusion and lawsuits followed." Just listen for the names.

NPR is probably a kook site, though, so it doesn't apply. I suppose Greg Palast doesn't, either, although he's got lots of names, too.

Oh, and BTW: Let's hear the name of someone you know personally, Alex, who partook in voter fraud. You personally, not one from those neocon kook blogs.
10/13/06 @ 00:05
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
Kiel, I could give you the names of at least 100 people who accepted the token "deuce" from the ward heelers. Whether that would constitute fraud is debatable since virtually all of them were yellow dog Democrats anyway. I wouldn't go so far as to say NPR was a kook site. Liberal and left-wing? Definitely. That's why you are a listener.
10/13/06 @ 07:22