Bring back the 'stache! The Corey Pavin appreciation blog
You’re Corey Pavin and you’re one round from your first victory in a decade. You’ve single-handedly put the U.S. Bank Championship in Milwaukee in the news, much to the chagrin of the hate-filled mainstream media.
And we salute you for it.
Corey Pavin Appreciation Blog
– Winner of the 1995 U.S. Open.
– One-time owner of a mustache that made 1970s porn stars like Ron Jeremy exclaim: “Damn! That is one bad-ass mustache!”
– Has taken him years to regain the mystical powers the ’stache had bestowed on him after finally shaving it off.
– Has set the record for lowest nine-hole score at the U.S. Bank Championship, and his two-round score matched the lowest in tour history, joining Tiger Woods, Mark Calcavecchia and Tom Lehman.
– First victory came 22 years ago at the Houston Coca-Cola Open.
– Has given hope to generations of golfers who are thrilled to hit a drive 200 yards ("Oh yeah, well Corey Pavin only hits a driver about 250.")
– Has worked like a maniac throughout his career, lifting weights and doing whatever he can to add to his drives. He still averages out at about 260, roughly the same distance John Daly hits a sand wedge.
– A victory at the U.S. Bank Championship would be a nifty achievement at 46, and would give him 11 PGA Tour victories for his career.
Even though we miss the mustache,
we salute you, Corey Pavin.
|« Golfer Supremacy Rankings happy to be back on a mustache ride||Hoping for a Michelle Wie win: Because she deserves it »|
No feedback yet
Comments are closed for this post.