« South Korean golfers dominate the LPGA, but that doesn't make them popularWhen Rush Limbaugh is getting drug enhanced, golfers will surely follow »

Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
WKW, You have just won a prize! A few of us Wie skeptics had a friendly wager as to which of the Wie Warriors would invoke the tired cliche that Bubbles is "only a 16 year old girl." You got the number 16 into your blog FOUR times. Congratulations, you've made me a winner!
06/28/06 @ 08:34
Comment from: visitor [Visitor]
Very interesting blog, especially the quote"And I just want to use my good golf to make a better world." Wie actually is more naiive than an average 16 years old. That could be due to her concentration on golf. But that makes her all the more fun to listen to and watch. I remember my teenage years when I thought everything was possible if only I worked hard for it. And you know what, that's not that far from the truth. I hope Wie keeps dreaming while she can and is not discouraged by people who lost their ability to dream because of their old age.
06/28/06 @ 10:00
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
I like this quote too: "I'll win both and I'll tell you which is better," said Wie.

Now that's positive thinking! Let's start with ONE win please, Michelle!
06/28/06 @ 12:04
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Yawn . . ..

Listen, Bubbles is a great female golfer, but that's it. You think "ambition" makes her unique? Do you know how many 16-year-olds harbor grand ambitions, ones that are often unrealistic? Don't be as naive as Bubbles: kids are inculcated with reach-for-the-stars-you-can-do-whatever-you-put-your-mind-to nonsense nowadays.

By the way, although I realize that your ascription of presdential aspirations to Bubbles was tonque-in-cheek, I do have something to say about that. Although I'm no fan of George McGovern, he did say something about this that was quite perspicacious. To wit: "Beware of anyone who has wanted to be president since he was very young."

Slick Willie anyone?
06/28/06 @ 13:11
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
The media coaches are doing very well with Michelle. She deftly turned aside the typical questions to asked in an effort to create controversy.

"Who is the best player in the field never to win a major?". Now that was a stupid question as we all know the answer.
06/28/06 @ 14:32
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
06/28/06 @ 16:08
Comment from: Jim COULTHARD [Visitor]
No surprise in my pick. Michelle Wie--I am still on record as picking her to win two Majors this year.

I found it interesting that ESPN didn't seem to take Wie seriously as a contender. It sounded like they were saying Morgan Pressel had a better chance to win--but they weren't really clear on this point.

Michelle Wie lacks the distractions of school or a men's qualifier this time--and she only needs a couple fewer strokes to put her over the top.

And I agree with One putt on another site--the winner will be the player with the best 4 rounds--no playoff this time.
06/28/06 @ 19:57
Comment from: ford [Visitor]
What excuses will Wie Warriors come up with now that Jim has taken away the distractions of school and the pressure of trying to actually qualify for something. I'm betting on the old standby age.
06/29/06 @ 00:38
Comment from: william [Visitor]
Judge Small,

Are you a 16 year old pimple-face boy who's stil in grammar school?

06/29/06 @ 03:00
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
"Comment from: Alex [Visitor] ยท http://Alex
One-Putt, Maybe Bubbles should try to "deftly" sink a few clutch putts. It just might get her a "W"."

I agree Alex, if she shows up with her putter she can win, if she leaves it in the hotel room again she will finish no better than in the top five. She can't afford to spot the field that many strokes. In every event she played this year on the LPGA tour she was first or tied for first in Greens Hit in Regulation (GIR). She gave away that advantage with her putting.

If she averages at least 1.75 Putts Per GIR she will run away from the field and not even feel pressured. Any higher than that and it is a crap shoot since there are so many outstanding putters in the field.

06/29/06 @ 07:20
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Comment from: william [Visitor]
Judge Small,

Are you a 16 year old pimple-face boy who's stil in grammar school?

Willie, I wish, I wish.