« Search-engine queries show TravelGolf.com bloggers' dark sideA missed 3-footer? Monty would gladly take a win that way »

Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
Me-likey.
10/18/05 @ 15:02
Comment from: John D [Visitor]
Sorry, I already dubbed her with the one word name: WIE-NER. And her fans as: Wie-ner Whiners.
10/18/05 @ 19:20
Comment from: AhhSoo [Visitor]
Sorry, I already dubbed John D as: PeeWeeDee. And his fans as: PeeWeeDeedleDums.:)

Mr. Wolfrum, you are too funny! Mi-Wie (Mi-Wi)is a joke right? I think she prefers just plain ole Michelle. Kinda like in the song by the Beetles. Thank you.
10/18/05 @ 23:48
Comment from: John D [Visitor]
Oh, how original. I suppose you would then be Aw-Sh*t?
10/19/05 @ 04:50
Comment from: John D [Visitor]
Or maybe - All-Sh*t?
10/19/05 @ 04:52
Comment from: William K. Wolfrum [Visitor]
AhhSoo:

Yeah, I can understand she likes being called by her actual name, but Mi-Wie is in the big time now. Like J-Lo.

My biggest dream now is that Mi-Wie starts dating Matt Damon. Then we can call them "WieMon".

John D:

It took you Three separate posts to come up with that??

I mean, sure, there's a whole fringe group of Iowa hunters who follow me around who think the "Ahh-Sh**" line was wildly hilarious, but the rest of us blanched, my friend

--WKW
10/19/05 @ 07:47
Comment from: Wei [Visitor]
Now this was a Mi-Wie blog worth reading.
10/19/05 @ 12:44
Comment from: Jay [Visitor]
I don't think this will make it into mainstream. Nicknames has to sound 'cool', like A-rod, J-Lo etc. Mi-Wie sounds like a joke.

Extreme contractions become popular when the name is somewhat long and common. No one will want to keep saying "Alex Rodriguez", "Jennifer Lopez" etc.

With a last name "Wie", you don't really need a contraction. Simply "Wie" will work just fine. There ain't no other Wie in mainstream media to cause confusion.

For a 'nickname', "Big Wiesy" is here to stay.
10/19/05 @ 19:23
Comment from: AhhSoo [Visitor]
After the bees in the bush free drop in the 2nd round, I thought that Michelle might like the "Big Beesy" or "Big Beesie". :)
10/19/05 @ 20:50
Comment from: c-rico [Visitor]
how about wei-wei....she's so good u have to say her name twice....
10/25/05 @ 05:05
Comment from: William K. Wolfrum [Member] Email
Hmmm...Wie-Wie.

I must admit that is good. Plus, it will make every child in the U.S. under the age of 12 giggle uncontrollably when they hear it.

Hmmm..

"Nike's Wie-Wie Collection for young golfers."

Oh yeah, this has possibilities.

--WKW
10/25/05 @ 07:28
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
She could start her own whiskey label. Would go over big in Scotland. I can see it now ... "Wie Scotch - pour yourself a Wie dram."
10/25/05 @ 17:03
Comment from: Wienuts [Visitor]
Of course you know that Mi means "beautiful" in Korean. Very appropriate.

Rich
07/05/06 @ 13:53
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Oh, me so golfi, oh, so, so golfi, oh, me so golfi, me hit you long ball.
12/27/06 @ 16:13