« Huge golf tee or WMD? Dubai takes a chance to prove that size mattersTake golf out of politics and take politicians out of golf »

Comment from: austin deir [Visitor]
The tiny island nation of canada?. what was that about exhaustive research!!. Any comments you made lack credence after that statement.
09/09/05 @ 10:22
Comment from: Hoyt Decker [Visitor]
Hey, austin deir: Xmas is only three and a half months away ..... never too early to put a sense of humor on your wish list for Santa Claus!
09/09/05 @ 13:05
Comment from: RonMon [Visitor]
Don't agree with WKW. The Canadian golf industry, with or without Weir (that's a U2 song from the 80s), has never been better. Check out Niagara Falls, the Muskoka region of Ontario (say it three times fast: muh-skow-kah, muh-skow-kah, muh-skow-kah!!) the mountains of the west, Quebec (I think they still belong to Canada, don't they?). Besides, quirky mothers (Moe, Knudson, Barr, Haldorson) seem to be the norm from the GWN, so Weir in a slump is no big thing.
09/12/05 @ 21:44
Comment from: William K. Wolfrum [Visitor]
Hey look everyone, it's Ron Mon!!! I think we should get you some theme music.

Ok, Weir didn't make the cut, but Canada is still standing, therefore I grudgingly admit you may have a point.

And Canada needs some quirksters out on the Tour. Weir just isn't Canadian enough, for me. I want my Canuck golfers to wear beaver pelts or something.

-- WKW
09/13/05 @ 11:54
Comment from: Ron Mon [Member] Email
Amen to the Beaver Pelts, the hockey masks, a few missing teeth, and the relaxed 'tudes. How about a took?

As for theme music, something Bond-ish might work.
09/14/05 @ 08:55
Comment from: Adam [Visitor]
Entertaining comments... but given the fact that the NCAA champion golfer is Canadian, the US Women's Mid-Am champion is Canadian, and more Canadians play golf than any other country per capita, I think golf in Canada is in pretty good shape. So good in fact that I predict in 10 years from now we'll have 3 or more Canadians playing in the President's Cup.
And Ron Mon, it's toque, not took. Or are you talking about a toke, 'cause there's plenty of that going on up here as well.
09/16/05 @ 14:21
Comment from: William K. Wolfrum [Member] Email
Ok, Adam, good points.

However the US Women's Mid-Am champion is what? 48 years old? We're not looking at a hope for the future with Mary Ann Lapointe.

Plus, I used to live in Alaska, so I have a good vibe for those "per-capita" things. If your population is small and mobile, you get to be No. 1 per capita in everything.

However, I can't really say a damned thing about what Lepp accomplished.

Unfortunately, he's a right-handed carbon copy of Weir, at least appearance wise. I just don't think that represents Canada correctly.

Hey, does Mark Messier play golf well? Now that would be a pro golfer that represented Canada.
09/16/05 @ 15:03