« Contrary to popular belief, Mickelson is lucky to be playing in the Tiger Woods eraMichelle Wie fires her caddie- I won't be applying »

Comment from: Jim C [Visitor]
Why not reverse the signs on the system: -2 for a birdies -5 for an eagle etc.? It might be less confusing for fans who are used to the most negatiive number winning the tournament.
08/12/06 @ 22:21
Comment from: tasha [Visitor]
Good god! You're actually a teacher?! A teacher of what may I ask?

All the more, how do you justify writing your previous blog?
08/13/06 @ 00:52
Comment from: Dave Marrandette [Visitor]
Spence, you're absolutely right. For three winters in FL I had the privilege of playing with a group of guys who had adopted a modified Stableford. A little different than the Aussies but same gist. Everyone threw a little into the treasury and we played. Once you were over bogey, you were in your pocket. Speeds the game up a lot. Wish I could find more games like that.

Tasha, FOCUS! This blog was about the fun of playing the Stableford System. Nothing else.
08/13/06 @ 09:06
Comment from: Spencer Hux [Visitor]
Thank you, Dave.

Tasha- I just now went back and reread your comment on my last blog, which you decided to bring up, so I'll try to answer the question.
First of all, I taught high school English.

Second of all, since you clearly didn't really read or understand what I wrote, I'll reiterate. I wasn't saying that Michelle Wie firing her caddie was a crime, and I didn't say it was as bad as anything I mentioned. So, I wasn't insulting people who had actually been through those situations.

I brought up those examples because as a pro, Michelle Wie should not be given a free pass when she fails, or when she acts (even if it is through her agent) like a jerk. I was not saying that only she is at fault for the constant excuses, but rather referring to the many people (like yourself) who constantly come to her defense because she is sixteen, or because she has had success in the last few tournaments, or because she's still learning, or because she an "inspiration to young girls." Sure, people are fired all the time, but does that mean that we have no right to comment on a situation such as this, especially when Johnston was not given the respect that any of us would demand from our employer?

I'm sure Michelle Wie doesn't care what I think, but that doesn't bother me, nor will it keep me from expressing my opinions about her.

That's how I justify writing my last blog. It was simply my opinion about the fact that Wie can't always hide behind excuses, which to me, she seems to do. I was simply saying I wouldn't want the job.

Perhaps Tasha, it is you who takes yourself too serioulsy.

So, how about that Stableford scoring system?
08/13/06 @ 14:17
Comment from: tasha [Visitor]
You are sounding even more ridiculous with your even more lengthy response. Now who is taking oneself too seriously? Pray tell, must you have your buddy, Dave to "tsk tsk" a response to your blog? Hmmm? You initiated the tedious piece, in the first place, and I merely responded.

My high school English teacher used to say "be precise, concise and to the point" and if you have to reiterate as you did, you failed to present your case well enough in the first place.

But it was good to see that this time, you've written about something fun that you enjoy. That's the spirit!!
08/20/06 @ 02:27
Comment from: Dave Marrandette [Visitor]
Tasha, Go buy my newest book. And while you're at it the previous one also. I need the money so I can continue to write my blog. I also contribute to the Spencer Hux golf retirement fund.
08/22/06 @ 09:35
Comment from: tasha [Visitor]
Dave, FOCUS! Remember? This blog was about the fun of playing the Stableford System. Nothing else.

08/22/06 @ 18:28
Comment from: Dave Marrandette [Visitor]
Tasha, You are not permitted to use that touchee since you shanked the original shot OB. Take a two stroke penalty.
08/24/06 @ 08:58
Comment from: MKV to iPad [Visitor] Email
***--
Love the post.
06/09/10 @ 01:26

This post has 4 feedbacks awaiting moderation...