« John Daly, Ricky Williams, and myself: More similarities than I ever realizedThe Memorial-Jack Nicklaus ignored by men of Augusta National, but he controls Muirfield Village »

Comment from: Bob Dobbs [Visitor]
There is no depth of childish assininity this site will not sink to. The perverse sexist obsession with slamming Michelle Wie an all costs will mark worldgolf.com as the site most antithetical to the spirit of the game in history.

Any company advertising here is as ignorant and insane as the drivel producing bloggers who spew their sewage on this site.
06/05/06 @ 12:59
Comment from: Spencer Hux [Visitor]
Bob-

Who is slamming Michelle Wie? I hope she makes it.
06/05/06 @ 13:48
Comment from: MikeW [Visitor]
LOL! The Golf Channel website is imploding. All I get now is SQL errors.

Try http://www.golfweb.com/tournaments/usopen/story/9480303 instead.
06/05/06 @ 14:06
Comment from: John D [Visitor]
NO WIN WIE -- Can you say "CHOKE ! ! !, AGAIN ! ! !
06/05/06 @ 19:26
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
How about this for color:

Bubbles gooses another 5-footer; Bubbles left the head cover on that time; Bubbles must have been playing for drawback on that nuked lag, and, last but not least, Bubbles is still away.
06/06/06 @ 00:56
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
Judge Smails, Early last evening after Bubbles had again gone into the tank, one of the butt-kissing commentators on the Golf Channel was offering post mortems on why she had "just missed" qualifying. Strange how T59 is "just missing". He mused that even though her GIR was above average and her fairways hit was better than most of the field, she couldn't make the green in two on the relatively short par five 17th and her putting was somewhat shaky all day. He went on to say that if she could show considerable improvement in these two facets of her game while maintaining her good play in the other aspects, she could contend on any tour. I tried to digest that bit of sophistry with little success. Then I realized that his contention had a corollary with my desire to improve as a musician. If I could only improve my technique and virtuosity with the violin to the level of worldwide excellence, I might eventually become the concertmaster of the Chicago Symphony. I have about as much chance of reaching that lofty goal as Bubbles has of reaching any of the goals that the Wie-wee's have set for her.
06/06/06 @ 09:55
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Yes, Alex, without a doubt. Hey, if I could improve my speed and stamina considerably and run a 3:40 mile, I'd be the world-record-holder.

I suppose the sublime, esoteric principle here is -- let's see how many can wrap their minds around this -- if you could get that good, you'd be that good!
06/06/06 @ 12:34
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
I love this see-saw conversation that Alex and his alter ego george/Judge Snails are having. I veritable love in feast.

Keep going Alex/george/Judge nails, split presonalities like you have going for you would make a good movie. Oh heck, wait, that's all ready been done..

Hey, Eve, want to go play with alex, maybe they can make a movie about the both of you. or is it all six or eight or ten or...
06/06/06 @ 15:50
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
putt4par, Some of us Wie skeptics just don't realize how close Bubbles came to qualifying at Canoe Brook. All it would have taken would have been for her to make ONLY five more putts, either birdie putts or par saving putts. Only FIVE more and the Lanky One would have attained instant immortality! Well, not quite. You see, that would have put her in a tie at four under with FIVE other golfers. That means that she would have had to perform some additional magic with the flat stick to eliminate the five one by one. All of this is, of course, moot. But it is indicative of just how close she came to qualifying. Yeah, right. She came about as close to qualifying as a $5K claimer could come to Seattle Slew.
06/06/06 @ 17:39
Comment from: Mike Sullivan [Visitor]
Perhaps Michelle should WIN something before we anoint her as a GREAT PLAYER. She spends an enormous time playing practice rounds to prepare for a tournament which the real LPGA players do not have time to do. I also find it interesting that she proclaimed herself a "professional golfer" without Q school or winning an event.
07/01/06 @ 21:17
Comment from: BUd [Visitor]
John D, Judge Smails, Alex, Mike Sullivan-
Ms Wie may not be winning yet at the tender age of 16 but I'd say she's doing quite well with the rest of her life. After all, she's making $9 million and change more per year than you all will make in your life time. LOLOL
07/03/06 @ 04:18
Comment from: Jim [Visitor] Email
Congratulations on taking over the images of golf. Looking forward to your
progress.
It is with some dissapointment that I see you spending countless hours on
the likes of tiger. His attitude toward The Golf Channel and the FedEx Cup
is that he is not interested. We had to watch the whole week between
Christmas and New Years of you plugging tiger shots and when it came to him
supporting the Golf Channels comming out tournament (The Mercedes) he told
you to put it where the sun don't shine.
There are lots of great golfers out there, so lets see some attention towards
the guys who are still interested in the fans and the game and not on their
own ego's. You can put Phil in that catagory as well.
01/12/07 @ 14:53
Comment from: bridging loans [Visitor]
If we fight, we may not always win, but if we don't fight, we will
12/05/10 @ 20:46

This post has 4 feedbacks awaiting moderation...