« The luck of the Irish needed in WGC Accenture Match Play ChampionshipsRefreshing statistics from the Nissan Open »

Comment from: RonMon [Visitor]
I hope that limb that you chose for shelter is a strong one; you're WAY out on that one. I'll play devil's lawyer and support Sabbatini's maiden 2006 victory. As long as he doesn't plop his ball in the middle bunker on number 6, he'll win.
02/19/06 @ 06:16
Comment from: Spencer Hux [Visitor]
I'm feeling pretty comfortable on that limb at this point. Sabbatini just missed a putt on the 12th and is now tied with Couples.

02/19/06 @ 16:59
Comment from: Spencer Hux [Visitor]
Oh well. I was wrong. Congrats to Rory- he handled it all very well.
02/19/06 @ 19:02
Comment from: David [Visitor]
I know Rory was a little disappointed at the crowd's reception to him, but I'm sure Ben Crane also felt a little pissed off when he was trying to approach a green from 150 yards with his playing partner stood on it already taking his second putt.

Freddie Couples is a likeable guy, at least on TV.
02/20/06 @ 13:52
Comment from: steve [Visitor]
david

im by no means a rory fan but dude....the ben crane incident was a long time coming.
Maybe not the way rory handeled it, but still- something needed to be done over Mr Daisy.
I kinda find it funny when people complain that rory was the one who never showed any respect for his playing partner...look at the bigger picture, Ben Crane is the one who disrepects his playing partners when he plays so slowly.
02/20/06 @ 14:28
Comment from: David [Visitor]
If I was Ben, I wouldn't have signed Rory's card.
02/20/06 @ 16:23
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
Looks like Sabbatini finally started to grow up a little bit. According to his post-round interview, his wife told him to start acting his age. The next step, if he can take it, will be to play well in Majors. Who knows, we could look back on this tournament one day and realize it was a landmark victory.
02/21/06 @ 11:51
Comment from: Rick Adams [Visitor]
Give Rory credit. He hung in there against a hostile pro-Freddy crowd and some tough bounces, and he made the shots he needed to win. Give the past a rest; he owned up to the Crane incident, learned from it, and he's obviously been working hard on patience. Result - leading money winner on Tour.
03/21/06 @ 11:55

This post has 2 feedbacks awaiting moderation...